Blue screen

Old January 24th 04, 04:40 PM
Tony

Default Blue screen

I have recently had to format my hard drive and start again thanks to a blue
screen that would not give up!!
With the help of some of you out there I found that I more than likely have
a hardware fault.
Could it possibly be my video card (32mb NVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV Out
(Dell)) as when I now shut down a screen flashes up on my monitor saying :
Frequency out of range: 81k/180Htz
Also in Device Manager I have an Unknown device showing under Other devices.
I have unplugged all But my mouse, monitor and keyboard and still it shows
up. If I delete it in Device Manager Windows still finds it and tries to
install it saying that it can't find the drivers for this unknown device.

Any ideas please.

Are the two problems possibly connected?

Despondently yours!

Tony

Old January 24th 04, 07:03 PM
Noah

Tony wrote:
I have recently had to format my hard drive and start again thanks to a blue
screen that would not give up!!
With the help of some of you out there I found that I more than likely have
a hardware fault.
Could it possibly be my video card (32mb NVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV Out
(Dell)) as when I now shut down a screen flashes up on my monitor saying :
Frequency out of range: 81k/180Htz
Also in Device Manager I have an Unknown device showing under Other devices.
I have unplugged all But my mouse, monitor and keyboard and still it shows
up. If I delete it in Device Manager Windows still finds it and tries to
install it saying that it can't find the drivers for this unknown device.

Any ideas please.

Are the two problems possibly connected?

Despondently yours!

Tony

Hi Tony -

Deja has a ton of articles describing this as a Media Player 9b problem.

I read your article - you are definitely installing on a clean drive?
Not reinstalling on an existing installation?

Renaming c:\windows\system\wmploc.dll is the fix if you are repairing
or reinstalling on an existing installation.

Old January 24th 04, 09:37 PM
Robert

What OS & model of PC? You should be able to get more information from
windows on this unknown device.
Have you installed the Intel chipset driver?
Does it have onboard sound, NIC etc?

: