9800XT first timer. Any help?

Old July 7th 04, 10:15 PM
Vormulac

Default 9800XT first timer. Any help?

Hi guys,

Just bought an Asus 9800XT after a series of nVidia cards and was wondering
if there was any advice you could offer me? I'm installing it this weekend,
so any useful hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old July 7th 04, 11:24 PM
redTed

Hi guys,

Just bought an Asus 9800XT after a series of nVidia cards and was

wondering
if there was any advice you could offer me? I'm installing it this

weekend,
so any useful hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Completely uninstall any previous Nvidia graphic drivers using Add/Remove.
I use a good registry tool like jv16 Power Tools( http://www.jv16.org/ ) to
do a thorough search for any Nvidia related files.. Careful if you have
nForce or something..you could easily delete files that are necessary.
I believe there are specific tols for cleaning out old drivers. I'm sure
somebody will provide a link to those utils.

After that it's just a case of correctly inserting the new card..connecting
the power to a spare molex connector...booting up and installing the lates
ATI Catalyst drivers.
Good luck.

Old July 8th 04, 02:36 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:15:05 GMT, Vormulac
wrote:

Hi guys,

Just bought an Asus 9800XT after a series of nVidia cards and was wondering
if there was any advice you could offer me? I'm installing it this weekend,
so any useful hints or tips would be appreciated.

REmove Nvidia drivers...

How much was it? The X800Pro cost less and easily faster...

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
Old July 9th 04, 07:51 AM
Vormulac

Darthy wrote in
:

REmove Nvidia drivers...

How much was it? The X800Pro cost less and easily faster...

Thanks to you both for your help - I shall scour my HDD for nVidia drivers
first!

As to your question, my 9800XT cost me £200, the cheapest X800Pro I could
find being £275 + P&P!
Old July 9th 04, 03:09 PM
Dark Avenger

Vormulac wrote in
. 38:

Darthy wrote in
:

REmove Nvidia drivers...

How much was it? The X800Pro cost less and easily faster...

Thanks to you both for your help - I shall scour my HDD for nVidia
drivers first!

As to your question, my 9800XT cost me £200, the cheapest X800Pro I
could find being £275 + P&P!

Not to forget that the X800Pro are JUST drippling in in small numbers...

And the 9800XT is already months of market and available :-)