A few Q's 9500np or 9700mod with limited pixel shader?

Old November 6th 03, 04:47 PM
Skip

Default A few Q's 9500np or 9700mod with limited pixel shader?

I installed the Omega drivers trying to solve my Halo problems (not
solved yet) and tried the 9700mod. This added an additional problem to
Halo with the pixel shader (solved by adding the "-use14" command). If
I run the 3Dmark03 & 2001SE benchmarks my scores are much higher with
my card modded and the only tests with problems are the "advanced
pixel shader" & "pixel shader 2.0". Also, if I adjust my Pixel shader
version through "rage3dtweak"(in card properties) instead of the
command "-use14" then Halo will not load. My questions are?
1.) Should I keep the card modded?
If yes then
2.) How should I disable the advanced pixel shader (game commands or
rage3dtweak)?
3.) If I disable through rage3dtweak will future games install
properly?
I will add that Unreal2 plays perfect with the card modded and no
adjustments. Thank you for your patience with this post.
My system:
Sapphire 9500np modded to 9700
Athlon 3200
512mb ram