quick question about windows 7 builds

Old June 9th 11, 07:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Eric[_20_]

Default quick question about windows 7 builds

"Eric" wrote in message
I'm finally upgrading my computer to windows 7 and I was under the
impression that I did not have to install raid drivers from a floppy
during the initial windows 7 install like I did with XP but when I go to
my motherboard's website and select my OS to download drivers it gives me
the RAID drivers with just that explination. I am assuming that this is a
catch all for anyone running XP but it has me concerned, will I have to
find a floppy to start the install?

Never mind.. I found where I can load it from a flash drive.. but I do have
another question, my motherboard (MSI K9A2 Platinum) only has drivers for
one of the raid controllers... should I assume that windows 7 has the
promise raid controller already installed on the disk? I asked promise and
they had no idea, but assumed that this particular controller was no longer
supported.

Quick Windows 7 & RAID question Matt[_11_] Homebuilt PC's 1 November 23rd 09 10:57 PM
Restore A Quick Formatted Drive In Windows? Also Cost Of IDE RAID Justin Goldberg Storage (alternative) 20 June 13th 09 12:22 PM
quick RAID/Windows reinstall question Matt[_10_] Homebuilt PC's 0 September 20th 08 08:14 PM
quick question Steve Homebuilt PC's 12 February 19th 05 08:54 PM
Quick Noob question regarding Windows XP Avatar Dell Computers 1 February 22nd 04 05:58 PM