What's your cpu temp for Athlon XP 2000+?

Old June 26th 03, 02:54 PM
Bradwin Cruz

Default What's your cpu temp for Athlon XP 2000+?

What's your average cpu temperature for Athlon XP 2000+ when it's not
overclocked?
I get up to 57c when the cpu is fully loaded.

Old June 26th 03, 05:06 PM
Peter van der Goes

"Bradwin Cruz" wrote in message
What's your average cpu temperature for Athlon XP 2000+ when it's not
overclocked?
I get up to 57c when the cpu is fully loaded.

Mine runs at ~ 40C.
However, what I've told you is as meaningless as your report, without
supporting information.
My room temp is 24C. My case temp is 27C.
I achieve these temperatures using an Antec SOHO full tower case w/Antec
400W PSU (large and designed for good airflow) with one 80mm intake fan
(40CFM) and two 80mm exhaust fans (30CFM each). My HSF is the Vantec
AeroFlow (quiet, effective *and* reasonably priced).
Basically, I spent a bit more for quality components so temperatures would
not be an issue.

So, tell us the whole story if you want meaningful assessments of your
cooling situation.

Old June 27th 03, 02:21 AM
Ed Light

Stays around 40C here. A bit under idling, a bit over under heavy load.
Sounds like you don't have a rear case fan, or a lame cpu cooler.

Using the Thermal Integration TI-V77-L, with the fan reduced from 5000 to
2700 by a Zalman Fanmate, though I'd probably get a Vantec Aeroflow - it's
quieter and wouldn't need the Fanmate. The heatsinks are the same design.
The Vantec gets the same temps as I'm getting at 2700. Be sure to use
something like Arctic Alumina ($5) and read the instructions on their
website.

At 5000 rpm it was in the low 30's.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Old June 28th 03, 10:53 PM
Bruce Tyler

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:54:15 +0800, "Bradwin Cruz"
wrote:

What's your average cpu temperature for Athlon XP 2000+ when it's not
overclocked?
I get up to 57c when the cpu is fully loaded.

I have the standard AMD heatsink with a better non-standard fan on it
and my XP2000+ gets about the same as yours at a room temp of about
24degC...
I almost burned it some months ago when the fan blade got caught up
with a stray wire and saw temps wayyyy off the end of the Asus Probe
monitor program (Asus Probe goes to 100degC)... That was after about
5 minutes waiting for it to cool down enough to register again so god
only knows what roasting hot temps it actually reached...

All of a sudden 50 & 60+ degC means nothing to me.... Not even going
to try to cool it down a bit... I give the insides of the PC a good
cleanout with vacuum cleaner (Carefully does it) about every 3 months
and give the heatsink and fan a good cleanout of dust. This is a good
policy.... My PC goes 18hrs a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks... blah
blah blah... It collects dust like a strong magnet in a pile of iron
filings....
Old June 29th 03, 05:55 PM
Ed_

In article , "Bradwin says...

What's your average cpu temperature for Athlon XP 2000+ when it's not
overclocked?
I get up to 57c when the cpu is fully loaded.

Never much more than 38-43, mobo 28-30 but I'm not a gamer. Mostly music, DVD,
internet and some photo editing. Very cool system.

ANTEC LIFE STYLE SERIES SONATA PIANO BLACK Model# Sonata
w ANTEC TRUE380 380W Power Supply
Asus A7N266-VM AA (AMD Assured Version) NVIDIA nFORCE 220 Chipset 266/200MHz FSB
Motherboard Micro ATX
AMD Athlon XP 2000+/266 FSB Processor CPU - Retail 2000+/ 1.67GHz
EVGA e-GeForce FX 5200 64MB DDR w/ TV-Out
Crucial Micron 512MB 64x64 PC 2100 DDR R1
Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive 8MB OEM 6Y120P0
Lite On 52x24x52 Black CDRW Model LTR-52246
LITE-ON XJ-HD166/XJ-HD 165H 16X DVD ROM Drive BLACK-48X
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1

Ed