Winamp plays on front speakers only???

Old July 21st 03, 05:46 PM
Lee Moreau

Default Winamp plays on front speakers only???

Hey this might help you, I have an Audigy and Creative Labs 5.1 surround
speakers. However I also use the 5.1 speakers on my laptop and all speakers
work. What you need to do is buy a Y adapter. I have a really long one so
I just plug one plug into my laptop then it splits behind my desk. Where it
splits you plug it into the Green (Front) jack and also the black (Rear)
jack. This allows all 4 speakres to run at once. To make the centre
speaker work, you have to unplug the orange Sub/Centre speaker from the back
of the sub woofer and it will automatically play the same audio out of the
centre channel. This is a pain if you are using it for DVDs and such, but
it works in my situation where I want all 5 speakers to work on my laptop.

Lee

"Colin Sewell" wrote in message
"W????n" wrote:

Addendum to previous post about front speakers only putting out sound.
Winamp seems to only want to play with sound coming out the front

speakers
only.........
Still can't get the center channel to work at all with this
configuration.........
Works when I switch wires around to test but not when it is correctly

hooked
up???????????//

I am beginning to think it is time to look at other sources for sound

Will creative do anything if I warranty this which it is still

under???????/

Should I just return it to the place of purchase and give them "what

for?"

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The very definition of "stereo" means 2 channels, so why would you
expect sound out of 3 or more channels when playing a stereo source?
But anyway, you have to enable CMSS upmix in the Creative drivers to
upmix 2 channel sound to 3, 4, or 5 channels.