Speaker Test Problem

Old July 12th 03, 08:44 PM
Curtis Fox

Default Speaker Test Problem

I have my card hooked up via digital coax to my pioneer receiver. When I
start the test to cycle through the speakers, I get sound out of the left
and right front speaker, but nothing through the front center, rear left,
right or center. I have selected 6.1 as my speaker configuration. If I
turn on the CMSS 2 effects, it kinda works although when testing the rear
speakers, the sound is blended throughout the entire system. Me thinks
something is wrong here. Has anyone been able to test their digital
connection and get discrete output to all 6 speakers?

Old July 17th 03, 10:46 PM
Tim Difford

Curtis/All

This is a recurrent problem for me... and one which I have at the minute and
can't seem to shift... so I'm really looking for help too. I have had it
working where the Speaker Test delivers dicrete sound to each of the 6
speakers in turn... but at the minute the front and rear centre speakers
only seem to make a very very muted sound. I've reinstalled all apps to no
avail... pretty much tried everything within the Software Suite from
Creative... There's nothing in the knowledge base on the Creative site that
directly relates to this problem, so in a sense it's a relief that you're
experiencing it too, but I'm blowed if I can solve it.... basically the
stuff is just buggy.

Also, isn' the Diagnostics tool utterly annoying... constantly my system
passes all tests when it patently is demonstrating this problem.... Grrr!

Tim