System Warranty

Old January 4th 04, 06:07 AM
Robert

Default System Warranty

I am having trouble resolving a CD-R/RW failure in a system I purchased in
May 2003. There has been an exchange of several emails between myself and
Gateways Technical Support over the last 24 hours that has culminated in the
following response from Gateway:

"Please be informed that since your computer is out of warranty, you will
have to purchase a new drive. If you are interested, you can speak with a
Gateway Consultant to learn more about available hardware upgrades such as
CD-RW drives, additional system memory, larger hard drives, gaming
peripherals, and much more."

When I look up my warranty status on-line the expiration date is listed as
May 2004.

All of their emails to me reflect the proper system serial number so I'm not
sure why they are telling me my warranty has expired.

Anyone have experience with how to proceed from here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Robert

Old January 4th 04, 06:53 AM
PC-Gladiator

Call them and have all your documents in hand. Must have gotten something
that can't read English.

.. .

Old January 5th 04, 06:02 PM
DMan

"Robert" jotted down a note in
:

[...]

GOOD LUCK, as they will do everything in their power to keep you
preoccupied until the warranty DOES expire.

--
( ,&&&.
) .,.&&
Old January 10th 04, 01:42 AM
trycorder

I have many dealings with the "tech" support for gateway and have come to
the conclusion that the guys making fries and McDonalds are better to talk
to about this stuff. the only thing i can say is talk to someone who
actually knows something about computers. If you have a Gateway store near
you, then i would say take all the information you need up there and talk to
them. if not then i would call and talk to a real person about this
problem.
"Robert" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Need help: System Restore malfunction HistoryFan Dell Computers 18 February 6th 04 10:04 PM
Dual processor system vs Single processor system HawkEye_42 General 3 January 27th 04 11:01 AM
FPS Really LOW - Whats Wrong? John W. Ati Videocards 5 January 20th 04 08:09 AM
Proposed system Pearlf Homebuilt PC's 4 November 6th 03 05:54 PM
how much can i overclock my computer en how MiniDisc_2k2 Overclocking 2 July 6th 03 12:58 AM