Asus Motherboard, which case will it Fit into, please help me???

Old December 16th 03, 06:56 PM
SpongeBob

Default Asus Motherboard, which case will it Fit into, please help me???

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
Will this motherboard fit into this case below??

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...5&searchdepa=0

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...0&searchdepa=0

thank you all,

Yes...ATX board fits into ATX case.

Old December 17th 03, 12:29 AM
Dismantler

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:56:29 -0500, "SpongeBob"
wrote:

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
.. .
Will this motherboard fit into this case below??

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...description=13

%2D131%2D455&searchdepa=0

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...description=11

%2D116%2D150&searchdepa=0

thank you all,

Yes...ATX board fits into ATX case.

Is there any difference between "standardATX" and "atx 12'' X 9.6" ?

Thanks again

I've been buying Antec cases for a few years now (no cheapies, no surprises)
and I've never had a problem with a board fitting. What you are going to
want to watch out for is trying to use a regular, full-featured ATX board in
a Micro-ATX case. That's where you get burnt.

The nicer Antec cases will fit most boards. Many people like the Enlight
cases as well, but I've never cared for their visual appearance, hence the
Antec choice. Price is roughly the same, and I've had really good luck with
the quality of the power supplies that Antec uses versus other, less
expensive brands.

Your mileage will vary.

Old December 17th 03, 01:31 AM
SpongeBob

"Dismantler" wrote in message
" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:56:29 -0500, "SpongeBob"
wrote:

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Standard ATX is 12" x 9.6". And I highly agree with Dismantler's opinion of
Antec. Enlight should be fine as well.

Old December 17th 03, 02:04 PM
Dismantler

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:56:29 -0500, "SpongeBob"
wrote:

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
.. .
[...]

thanks for the advice you guys.

Enlight is a DISTANT second choice. I've had trouble with the power supplies
they use, but many folks swear by them. I figure it was just bad luck on my
part. I don't use them anymore. I build AMD systems, and Antec power
supplies are usually on AMD's lists of recommended units. I don't build
P4's, so if that's where you're headed mobo and CPU-wise, then you might
wish to look elsewhere for suggestions.

If you want to buy a bargain case, you may get lucky and get a working power
supply. Or you may not. Whether it is worth the headache or not is up to
you. To me, it's not. I typically find myself replacing cheapie power
supplies within 2-3 years due to failure, if they last that long.

While someone here has chosen to disagree with me, the three AMD-based
systems I have are all running solidly on Antec power supplies (in Antec
cases) and have been running reliably, some of them for years now, without a
problem. Others are newer, and haven't had any problems.

As I said previously, your mileage will vary. You could get a bad unit (or a
series of them), just the luck of the draw.

Old December 17th 03, 02:16 PM
SpongeBob

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:56:29 -0500, "SpongeBob"
wrote:

.. .

?

[...]

Actually...What I said was that I agree with you...not disagree

Old December 22nd 03, 06:17 PM
Dismantler

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message

Where is AMD's list of recommended unit's located?

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_869_4348^4376,00.html
They've copped out in recent site updates, but prior to this, they
recommended specific units.

This link lists recommended system components (select desired Athlon
processor type to get listings):
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...52_869,00.html

I went and bought one of them for a system I was building. It was the
PP-412X. At that time, there was a recommended list. Now they only list
manufacturers, and this is probably to avoid the appearance of giving
favoritism to one vendor over another...