Sound Blaster Live!

Old October 1st 03, 10:27 PM
Chris Roth

Default Sound Blaster Live!

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound card
plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

Old October 1st 03, 11:19 PM
E-rich

Thats too broad of a question. Its all down to how YOU like your music, and
sound. Whats good for one person, may sound totally wrong for another, and
vice versa. So experiment. Personally I use the Audigy, since I use 5.1
speakers, and also since it supports various codecs. Though I can say no
matter what, goto places where you can listen to certain speaker
setups...like compusa
. cable.rogers.com...

Old October 1st 03, 11:36 PM
Sith Lord

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:27:22 GMT in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, "Chris Roth"
wrote:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound card
plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

I have the Live! 1024, coupled to Cambridge Soundworks 4.1 speakers,
it's no Hi-Fi but for playing games it's OK. Good enough sound for
most things, I first watched Hannibal on DVD from the comfort of my
swivel chair.

Old October 2nd 03, 02:01 AM
Ski

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound card
plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

it'll work fine.
My Z-560s and audigy work fine, too.
....they just cost about $150 more.

BUT, I can drown out the (c)rap music from the philistine next door.

Ski
Old October 2nd 03, 02:02 AM
J.Clarke

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:27:22 GMT
"Chris Roth" wrote:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound
card plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

It's two generations old at least, but for 33 bucks it's not a bad
board. It should drive your Z-680s just fine. If you can afford to go
the 50 for a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz though that would be a better
option.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old October 2nd 03, 02:10 AM
JTBurn

It's old.

. cable.rogers.com...

Old October 2nd 03, 02:40 AM
The Bad Momber

Find you a Guillemont Maxi Studio they rule and can be had for $100 - $200

8 ins, 4 outs, optical in/out, huge software package and built in
synthesizer..

. cable.rogers.com...

Old October 2nd 03, 03:35 AM
Frank

Try this newsgroup: news.creative.com

--
Frank
http://www.adventurousduo.com

. cable.rogers.com...

Old October 2nd 03, 06:28 AM
Jean

the most expensive speakers from logitech with the cheapest soundcard from
Creative labs, wow !

Anything else than an AUDIGY 2 is not worthy for your speakers !!

. cable.rogers.com...

Old October 2nd 03, 06:36 AM
Joe M.

"Chris Roth" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound card
plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

Old and surpassed by better hardware. Turtle Beach Santa Cruz is a better
card for about the same $. TBSC is more compatible, stable, sounds better,
and uses less cpu cycles.

Have one in my kids PC and it's served it well for 2+ years (upgraded from
the SB live and never looked back - didn't realize how bad the live sounded
until I popped in the TBSC). Audigy 2 is also a great card but a bit
pricey.

--
Joe M.