Flash Presentation Problem on My GW 700x

Old June 6th 09, 07:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Default Flash Presentation Problem on My GW 700x

Scott wrote:

BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Scott typed on Mon, 04 May 2009 23:59:08 -0500:
My 2GHz 7-year old Gateway 700x desktop running Win XP Pro and a
fairly good Nvidia GeoForce 2 MX400 video card has no problem playing
web videos. However, when I go to this link to play a Flash
presentation...

http://www.thecosmeticconspiracy.com/green

...the sound and video are very choppy. When I minimize this Firefox
2.0 webpage to the taskbar, the sound is very smooth.

What is the likely problem here?

Thanks!
Scott

Hi Scott! Well I tried Firefox 3 Portable on my netbook and the website
pops up ok. But the video won't download. I tried it on my Gateway
MX6124 1.5GHz ('06 era) and it plays fine. Using Firefox it was pushing
50% of the CPU time. The file can be found in your temp folder. You
probably need the free Unlocker to make a copy of it if you want to play
it outside of the browser (plays fine on the Gateway and this netbook).
Here is the info about the video. Maybe it will help.

General
Complete name : D:\Videos\The Cosmetic Conspiracy.flv
Format : Flash Video
File size : 79.0 MiB
Duration : 17mn 43s
Overall bit rate : 623 Kbps

Video
Format : VP6
Duration : 17mn 43s
Bit rate : 500 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 405 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.072

Audio
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Duration : 17mn 43s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 80.0 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 701G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

For whatever reason, the flash presentation plays okay no...using Firefox 2.0
When it's playing, it's using 50-50% of the CPU time.

There must have been something running in the background for awhile, but it's no
longer a problem.

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Worked fine for me and guess you got it straightened out.
I have to tell you though, as a retired chemist, I think the premise of
the website is a crock.