direct print on CD with Epson Stylus Photo 950

Old February 7th 04, 07:22 PM
Rodrigo Salgado

Default direct print on CD with Epson Stylus Photo 950

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this group, so Hi to everyone.
I have (of course) a question. I just bought an Epson Stylus Photo 950,
which has the ability to print directly on CD's. My question is, which CD's
? The regular one's I always have bought ? Or do I have to buy special
CD's, which have a special adapted surface. My regular CD's have the same
metallic surface, and I seriously doubt if my printer is able to print on
such surface, but you never know... Please some advice.

greettings,

Rodrigo

Old February 7th 04, 07:54 PM
Hans Kiehn

Rodrigo Salgado wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this group, so Hi to everyone.
I have (of course) a question. I just bought an Epson Stylus Photo 950,
which has the ability to print directly on CD's. My question is, which CD's
? The regular one's I always have bought ? Or do I have to buy special
CD's, which have a special adapted surface. My regular CD's have the same
metallic surface, and I seriously doubt if my printer is able to print on
such surface, but you never know... Please some advice.

greettings,

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

I have a Canon Printer with also is capable to print on CDs. Canon
states that you have to use CDRom with a printable surface, such as the
Maxell CF-R 80PR.

I don't believe that you can use use normal CD-ROMs.

-Hans

Old February 7th 04, 11:02 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Whats so special about the Maxwell cd ???

Just stick a mat or gloss label in it and print away ?

Old February 8th 04, 06:40 AM
Yer Welcome

"Rodrigo Salgado" wrote in
:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this group, so Hi to everyone.
I have (of course) a question. I just bought an Epson Stylus Photo
950, which has the ability to print directly on CD's. My question is,
which CD's ? The regular one's I always have bought ? Or do I have to
buy special CD's, which have a special adapted surface. My regular
CD's have the same metallic surface, and I seriously doubt if my
printer is able to print on such surface, but you never know... Please
some advice.

greettings,

Rodrigo

You do need to use Printable CDs , I've an Epson R300 just bought 100
Silver printable Cds @ $.42 from:

http://www.cddimensions.com/cd-r_med...-cdr80sphp.asp

the output is fantastic and well worth learning how to do this , I've been
making labelled CDs about 5 years and this is a great upgrade to the stick
on labels.
Old February 11th 04, 08:40 PM
Hans Kiehn

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:
Whats so special about the Maxwell cd ???

Just stick a mat or gloss label in it and print away ?

(x) I don't believe that this is worth the effort.
(x) At todays CDROM speed you will have a lot of "wobbling" and big
noise if you just glue a label on a CDROM.

-Hans