Nvidia GeForce FX 5200- DDC/CI support and no NV dual-head configuration

Old August 13th 04, 04:23 PM
Wolfgang Pilz

Default Nvidia GeForce FX 5200- DDC/CI support and no NV dual-head configuration

Hi,

I'm using MS-Star GeForce FX 5200 (Nvidia GeForce FX 5200) with Window XP
prof ; VideoCardBIOS: 4.34.200.22 and driver 5216. Now I have problems
with MagicTune Software and Samsung Syncmaster 173P. Magictune does not
work with the Samsung Syncmaster 173p though I'd installed it from the CD,
which was shipped with this Monitor.

Support from Portrait Displays, Inc. (MagicTune) says, the problem is,
that DDC/CI support on my system is "No" and is also showing "NV dual-head
configuration" . I should check my NVIDIA properties and make sure that I
do not have multiple monitors enabled. Sometimes the NVIDIA configuration
utility would recognize two monitors when in fact there is only one
display.

How can I make this. Is there another Software, which has the same
functions as MagicTune and runs with GeForce FX 5200??

Wolfgang Pilz