NVMonitor not showing temperature

Old June 7th 08, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

Default NVMonitor not showing temperature

Hi,

I just bought myself an Asus EN8800GT TOP card. I didn't install the drivers
that were included with the card, I just installed the latest Nvidia drivers
(175.16) and NTune software (5.05.54). The problem now is that the GPU
temperature stays zero in the NVMonitor part of the Nvidia control panel.
Whatever I configure, the temperature doesn't show. Anyone else with the
same problem and a possible solution ?

Matthias

Old June 7th 08, 06:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"Access" wrote in message
Hi,

I just bought myself an Asus EN8800GT TOP card. I didn't install the
drivers that were included with the card, I just installed the latest
Nvidia drivers (175.16) and NTune software (5.05.54). The problem now is
that the GPU temperature stays zero in the NVMonitor part of the Nvidia
control panel. Whatever I configure, the temperature doesn't show. Anyone
else with the same problem and a possible solution ?

Matthias

What two readings do you get for the PCB and GPU sensors with GPU-Z?

Old June 7th 08, 10:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

"Augustus" wrote in message
newsTz2k.155$sg6.131@edtnps91...

"Access" wrote in message
Hi,

I just bought myself an Asus EN8800GT TOP card. I didn't install the
drivers that were included with the card, I just installed the latest
Nvidia drivers (175.16) and NTune software (5.05.54). The problem now is
that the GPU temperature stays zero in the NVMonitor part of the Nvidia
control panel. Whatever I configure, the temperature doesn't show. Anyone
else with the same problem and a possible solution ?

Matthias

What two readings do you get for the PCB and GPU sensors with GPU-Z?

What do you mean ? With GPU-Z 0.2.3 I only see GPU core clock, GPU memory
clock and fan speed in the "Sensors" tab.

Old June 8th 08, 03:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

What do you mean ? With GPU-Z 0.2.3 I only see GPU core clock, GPU memory
clock and fan speed in the "Sensors" tab.

This is what I see with my Galaxy 8800GT OC 512Mb unit and GPU-Z 2.3.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23117617@N04/2559308485/

Old June 8th 08, 10:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

"Augustus" wrote in message
What do you mean ? With GPU-Z 0.2.3 I only see GPU core clock, GPU memory
clock and fan speed in the "Sensors" tab.

This is what I see with my Galaxy 8800GT OC 512Mb unit and GPU-Z 2.3.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23117617@N04/2559308485/

Strange I don't see these values, only the one I mentioned ...

Old June 8th 08, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Access wrote:
Hi,

I just bought myself an Asus EN8800GT TOP card. I didn't install the drivers
that were included with the card, I just installed the latest Nvidia drivers
(175.16) and NTune software (5.05.54). The problem now is that the GPU
temperature stays zero in the NVMonitor part of the Nvidia control panel.
Whatever I configure, the temperature doesn't show. Anyone else with the
same problem and a possible solution ?

Matthias

I'm using 175.16 with 5.05.54 and I must use the lower panel of
NVMonitor to see GPU1 temp readings. Otherwise the only info you can see
is: Performance (CPU/MEM), Bus Speeds, Voltages in the top panel.

Then you click the right arrow button in the lower right and can see GPU
temps and Fan speeds.

I get the feeling you are doing this but there is no GPU readout? What
happens when you use the old-style nvidia control panel to see your
temps? If you can't see the GPU temps with any of the usual suspects,
speedfan, Riva Tuner, I'd ditch the card as I've never seen a
malfunctioning GPU temp sensor on any card....ever!
Old June 8th 08, 10:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Access wrote:
Hi,

I just bought myself an Asus EN8800GT TOP card. I didn't install the
drivers that were included with the card, I just installed the latest
Nvidia drivers (175.16) and NTune software (5.05.54). The problem now is
that the GPU temperature stays zero in the NVMonitor part of the Nvidia
control panel. Whatever I configure, the temperature doesn't show. Anyone
else with the same problem and a possible solution ?

Matthias

I'm using 175.16 with 5.05.54 and I must use the lower panel of NVMonitor
to see GPU1 temp readings. Otherwise the only info you can see is:
Performance (CPU/MEM), Bus Speeds, Voltages in the top panel.

Then you click the right arrow button in the lower right and can see GPU
temps and Fan speeds.

I see the temperature graph but it always stays zero ...

I get the feeling you are doing this but there is no GPU readout? What
happens when you use the old-style nvidia control panel to see your temps?
If you can't see the GPU temps with any of the usual suspects, speedfan,
Riva Tuner, I'd ditch the card as I've never seen a malfunctioning GPU
temp sensor on any card....ever!

I will try RivaTuner to see if this helps. I don't have to connect a cable
or something to be able to read temperature ? This all should happen through
the PCI-e bus ?

Old June 8th 08, 10:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

"Access" wrote in message

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Access wrote:
[...]

I installed RivaTuner v2.09. Although it complains at startup that my
drivers are not yet supported, I can read my GPU core temperature with it !!
Woohoo !! Guess ntune doesn't work too well with this card

Thanks
Matthias

Old June 25th 08, 08:49 PM
EagleOwl EagleOwl is offline
Junior Member

I have the exact samt problem as you had (/have). It works for me in rivatuner, so there's no problem with the sensor. However, in rivatuner I cannot get the fan control options working. (my goal is to make dynamically adjusted fan speeds) So then I use nTune, where I can set the fan speed. But then nTune (or rather NVMonitor) cannot detect the gpu temp. It just says 0 degrees.

Did you just come to the conclusion that NVMonitor does not work with this specific graphics card?