ASUS A8V & ATI AIW 9600 "inf" "thunk.exe" error message?

Old January 11th 06, 02:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default ASUS A8V & ATI AIW 9600 "inf" "thunk.exe" error message?

I have browsed google and appear to have found related situations but
only in regards to "Mobility" situations...........

I have the typical "thunk.exe" and "inf" error when using ATI's
installation disk installing to the 64bit OS of XP.........

I have already tried the updated drivers from ATI's site to no
avail........I've tried removing MS's generic drives from the device
manager before installing from the disk, and also have tried forcing the
drivers............

I've spent time on the net searching this issue & can't seem to find
anything concrete, is there something I'm missing or drivers available
somewhere that are modified???
I'm not sure if this makes a difference but the OS is installed to a 3rd
primary partition on my master drive in a dual boot scenario........And,
it's not a laptop...... ;0)

Thanks in advance..........
The Tobes of Hades, lit by flickering torchlight
The netherworld is gathered in the glare
Prince By-Tor takes the cavern to the north light
The sign of Eth is rising in the air.
By-Tor, knight of darkness,
Centurion of evil, devil's prince.

http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/

Old January 13th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

should have stuck with just regular Win XP

Old January 13th 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

specially since vista's due out, and that will be as much of a flop as 64
bit XP I'm thinking

Old January 13th 06, 07:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Don't worry, I got suckered into paying for windows ME,