PB Pentium gear shows up!

Old August 30th 09, 03:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Default PB Pentium gear shows up!

There in a pile of older computers was yet another PB desktop system,
again without the top like the last one.

This one has a nice Intel-made Pentium board with the later 430VX
chipset, a Pentium 133, a green heat sink, and jumpers to go up to
200MHz with a suitable CPU. The front of the case is marked "Multimedia
D130", and the back has a sticker with "A920" on it. The case is not
much use, but I pulled the motherboard, riser card, butt-ugly original
sound card, 1GB hard drive, and original 8x NEC CD-ROM drive.

If anybody is interested in buying any of this for very short money
(more than the electronic scrap guy pays) plus shipping, let me know and
I'll test.

I can probably scare up a 200MHz CPU to put in, also... Ben Myers
Old August 30th 09, 02:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hi Ben

Does the motherboard have a VR for MMX CPU's ?
DIMM slots ?

bob

Old August 30th 09, 05:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
There in a pile of older computers was yet another PB desktop system,
again without the top like the last one.

This one has a nice Intel-made Pentium board with the later 430VX chipset,
a Pentium 133, a green heat sink, and jumpers to go up to 200MHz with a
suitable CPU. The front of the case is marked "Multimedia D130", and the
back has a sticker with "A920" on it. The case is not much use, but I
pulled the motherboard, riser card, butt-ugly original sound card, 1GB
hard drive, and original 8x NEC CD-ROM drive.

If anybody is interested in buying any of this for very short money (more
than the electronic scrap guy pays) plus shipping, let me know and I'll
test.

I can probably scare up a 200MHz CPU to put in, also... Ben Myers

No separate plug-in VR, but I need to squint at the jumpers to see if
there is a 2.8v MMX setting.

No DIMM sockets. Only 4x 72-pin SIMMs... Ben
Old August 30th 09, 06:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
-

No separate plug-in VR, but I need to squint at the jumpers to see if
there is a 2.8v MMX setting.

Never saw a PB with plug in VR, just the soldered on kind with "bolt on"
heat sink.

No DIMM sockets. Only 4x 72-pin SIMMs... Ben

OK, thanks for looking and your response Ben. I appreciate your efforts.

Keep PB alive !

bob

Old September 1st 09, 02:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Robert E. Watts wrote:
Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
-

No separate plug-in VR, but I need to squint at the jumpers to see if
there is a 2.8v MMX setting.

Never saw a PB with plug in VR, just the soldered on kind with "bolt on"
heat sink.

No DIMM sockets. Only 4x 72-pin SIMMs... Ben

OK, thanks for looking and your response Ben. I appreciate your efforts.

Keep PB alive !

bob

Bob,

Board shows no evidence of a VRM, and there are no jumpers to set the
voltage down to 2.8v. It appears to be capable of handling only Pentium
CPUs, but if a Pentium MMX OverDrive can be found, it would work.

Haven't tested it yet. Won't do so unless someone expresses interest in
it, assuming, of course, that it is a working board. Any takers?

This is a good quality board manufactured for PB by a reputable company,
Intel. The D130 must have been expensive in its day... Ben Myers
Old October 4th 09, 05:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Ben Myers wrote:
Robert E. Watts wrote:
Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
-

[...]

No interest? If nobody is interested by the end of the week, the board
gets stripped and sent to the electronic scrapper. This would be an
inglorious end to one of the best of the LPX boards ever used by PB.
Soon after, PB moved to ATX and microATX with the Pentium II... Ben Myers
Old October 7th 09, 02:45 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Ben Myers wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Robert E. Watts wrote:

[...]