Linux driver for CERC 1.5/6ch SATA RAID controller?

Old July 14th 06, 05:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jonathan K. Cohen

Default Linux driver for CERC 1.5/6ch SATA RAID controller?

I'm looking for a Linux driver for Dell's CERC 1.5/6ch SATA RAID
controller. Any such animal?

--
Jonathan K. Cohen, MA -
"Imaginary solutions to real problems."
Old July 15th 06, 10:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Nicholas Andrade

Jonathan K. Cohen wrote:
I'm looking for a Linux driver for Dell's CERC 1.5/6ch SATA RAID
controller. Any such animal?

A quick google search of CERC 1.5 linux reveals that it seems to use the
aacread module. It seems to be supported out of the box by the latest
RHEL release (so CentOS will definitely have it in their default kernel,
and most likely so would Fedora). That same Google search led me to
http://www.archivesat.com/Linux_on_D...rEdge_Servers/ which may be
of use. Although the piece of hardware is somewhat exotic, I'd be
willing to bet most major distro's (well RedHat & ubuntu) ship it with
their default kernels.

P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging bubbadawg Asus Motherboards 2 April 12th 06 02:39 AM
Changing Harddrives whilst PC includes a RAID Array D Storage (alternative) 10 November 24th 05 11:05 PM
IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
FPS Really LOW - Whats Wrong? John W. Ati Videocards 5 January 20th 04 08:09 AM
parhelia w/ 3 monitors tony wong Matrox Videocards 16 September 12th 03 03:59 AM