MaxBlast or SeaTools?

Old December 31st 04, 01:27 AM

Default MaxBlast or SeaTools?

Just bought a new Seagate hard drive and want to replace my smaller
Maxtor with it. I was considering using the SeaTools to do the
transfer but have never used this software. I have however used the
MaxBlast to do the drive swap. Are the SeaTools easier to use for this
purpose. When reading the SeaTools instructions, it did not seem to
say anything about making a clone of your old hard drive onto your new
one.

Thanks

Old December 31st 04, 01:24 PM
Conor

In article says...
Just bought a new Seagate hard drive and want to replace my smaller
Maxtor with it. I was considering using the SeaTools to do the
transfer but have never used this software. I have however used the
MaxBlast to do the drive swap. Are the SeaTools easier to use for this
purpose. When reading the SeaTools instructions, it did not seem to
say anything about making a clone of your old hard drive onto your new
one.

Clue is in the name.

Maxblast will only work for Maxtor drives. Seatools will only work for
Seagate drives. Each will let you clone other drives to it but not the
other way round.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
Old December 31st 04, 05:18 PM
jaster

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:24:29 +0000, Conor wrote:

In article says...
Just bought a new Seagate hard drive and want to replace my smaller
Maxtor with it. I was considering using the SeaTools to do the transfer
but have never used this software. I have however used the MaxBlast to
do the drive swap. Are the SeaTools easier to use for this purpose.
When reading the SeaTools instructions, it did not seem to say anything
about making a clone of your old hard drive onto your new one.

Clue is in the name.

Maxblast will only work for Maxtor drives. Seatools will only work for
Seagate drives. Each will let you clone other drives to it but not the
other way round.

Not true I've used both on other manufacturer's drives WD, Seagate and
Maxtor. They all recognize each other's drives.

HNY
Old December 31st 04, 05:29 PM
JAD

I believe that's true. Not entirely sure about Seagate's tools, but
max and WD will see each other. As Conor said rather hard-line, there
are functions that don't work, and the RMA diagnostics must be done
from the OEM's tools.

m...

Old January 1st 05, 05:10 AM
Mac Cool

Conor:

Clue is in the name.

Maxblast will only work for Maxtor drives.

Maxblast will work on any brand drive, but you must have a Maxtor drive
installed for it to work.
--
Mac Cool
Old January 1st 05, 10:11 PM
lb

Yep, that is what I used and had no problem with it. Thanks to all.