AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton with original heatsink/fan

Old March 28th 04, 10:44 PM
David Di Fabio

Default AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton with original heatsink/fan

Hi all,

I've just bought a new configuration:
Asus A7N8X-X
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton (1917Mhz) with original AMD heatsink/fan
512DDR Ram 3200-400
Radeon 9600 Pro

Here are the o/c settings:
FSB: 166Mhz
Coef: 11.5
Voltage: 1.69

I'm using MBM5 under Windows XP and it always reports that CPU is at +/-
59°, even doing nothing.
Using Toast for stability test, after 5 min., it is 67°.
Is that normal ???

He need to know ! Thanks.

David Di Fabio

PS: I bought a Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu to avoid this. Is it a good choice ?

Old March 29th 04, 06:53 PM
Stuart Rogers

"David Di Fabio" wrote in news:406746fd$0$570
:

Hi all,

I've just bought a new configuration:
Asus A7N8X-X
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton (1917Mhz) with original AMD heatsink/fan
512DDR Ram 3200-400
Radeon 9600 Pro

Here are the o/c settings:
FSB: 166Mhz
Coef: 11.5
Voltage: 1.69

I'm using MBM5 under Windows XP and it always reports that CPU is at +/-
59°, even doing nothing.
Using Toast for stability test, after 5 min., it is 67°.
Is that normal ???

He need to know ! Thanks.

David Di Fabio

PS: I bought a Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu to avoid this. Is it a good choice ?

I have this cpu and stock cooler on an EPOX board running 166 x 12.5 and it
idles at 47, maxes out at 55 when very busy video rendering.

Stuart
Old March 29th 04, 06:55 PM
Stuart Rogers

Stuart Rogers wrote in
:

[...]

Sorry should have added that somethings wrong so check seating etc, dont
know about the Zalman personally but said to be good if it fits your m/b
(which it doesn't on mine).

Stuart
Old March 30th 04, 06:59 AM
David Di Fabio

Thanks for your advices.

My MB supports Zalman but probably not my case... I'll see when I'll receive
it !

Can you try Toast tester and let me know the results ? Thanks !

Bye!

David DF

Old March 30th 04, 08:36 AM
Stuart Rogers

"David Di Fabio" wrote in
:

Thanks for your advices.

My MB supports Zalman but probably not my case... I'll see when I'll
receive it !

Can you try Toast tester and let me know the results ? Thanks !

Bye!

David DF

David, Toast ran and maxed out at 58 on my m/c, much higher than I get
running video rendering which is pretty intensive. I suggest you have a
problem with your h/sink or fan installation, or a problem with your case
airflow. During my toast run the system temp remained at 30 not affected by
the extra cpu heat being dissipated. The Zalman may prefomr better but the
heat has to go somewhere for the cpu to run cooler!

Stuart
Old March 30th 04, 11:06 PM
David Di Fabio

Yes, the problem is the air flow... I have to change my case.
Removing some moveable parts, temp go down !

Thanks a lot !

David

"Stuart Rogers"