Grrr, hosed partitions...

Old April 8th 04, 09:54 PM
Guillaume Dargaud

Default Grrr, hosed partitions...

I _had_ two internal disks with lots of data. [I have a backup but it's a week old so I'd like
them back]

One drive (F had one 60Gb NTFS partition and I wanted to change its cluster size.
The other drive (L had 11 various linux partitions and one 172Gb FAT32 partition.

So I moved everything from F: to L:
I changed the cluster size on F: and reformated it.
I had just started copying back when I had my first BSOD ever on that machine, a
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

When the computer started again, milo was hosed, I had to recover the MBR with the Win2K recovery
console. Upon reboot in Win2k (I don't care about loosing my linux partitions), the F disk was
almost empty (as expected) and there are two (instead of 12) empty partitions on L:, of the wrong
sizes.

Now what options do I have ? It's too late to do an easy recovery on F: and EasyRecoveryPro can
only find garbage on L: after hours of work. I'm sure the tables for that partition are still fine
somewhere, I just need to find them...

Anybody got some hints ?
I tried cfdisk and qtparted in Knoppix but the 1st seems useless and I don't know what to do with
the 2nd one...
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/Antarctica/