Units storage not recognised..

Old September 9th 15, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

Default Units storage not recognised..

Freejazz wrote:
Hi, I have the following Asus motherboard M4a87td evo and I don't
why my motherboard can't recognise my main/active hard disk
(Samsung 850 ssd) anymore.
I have the Samsung ssd that worked fine and A) when I have tried
to connect adding on my motherboard two velociraptor (in raid 0
configuration) and another hard disk my system has not recognised
anything hdd/ssd anymore!

Three-four months ago when the system worked fine with all hdd/ssd
installed I tried to move my case and suddenly my pc shut down.
After this issue my troubles started and all hdd/ssd didn't come
recognise from motherboard. I don't remember how but I could
recover my ssd unit (maybe I could restore my main unit through
Linux) and the ssd worked fine and go to - A)

Do you have some suggestions about my issue?

The head probably "crashed".

Old September 9th 15, 05:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Freejazz wrote:
Hi, I have the following Asus motherboard M4a87td evo and I don't
why my motherboard can't recognise my main/active hard disk
(Samsung 850 ssd) anymore.
I have the Samsung ssd that worked fine and A) when I have tried
to connect adding on my motherboard two velociraptor (in raid 0
configuration) and another hard disk my system has not recognised
anything hdd/ssd anymore!

Three-four months ago when the system worked fine with all hdd/ssd
installed I tried to move my case and suddenly my pc shut down.
After this issue my troubles started and all hdd/ssd didn't come
recognise from motherboard. I don't remember how but I could
recover my ssd unit (maybe I could restore my main unit through
Linux) and the ssd worked fine and go to - A)

Do you have some suggestions about my issue?

The motherboard has one weird issue, described here.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...age=1&count=21

The workaround is to disconnect the RESET wire pair from
the front panel header. It sounds like the RESET line is functioning
as an antenna, picking up static discharge and resetting the PC.

*******

If you "see" any drives at all, then the Southbridge SATA
ports are not dead.

If absolutely none of the SATA ports will respond,
then perhaps an overvoltage got applied to the SATA
TX+/TX- or RX+/RX- signals. The voltage is not allowed
to exceed the rail voltage for the SATA interface.
If any higher voltage existed on the data lines,
it could ruin the ports on the Southbridge (voltage
clamped by protection diodes).

If your SSD is working, then the SATA port it is on must
be working. Try moving the SSD to other SATA ports one
at a time, and test all of the ports.

In section 2.4.2 of the manual "Storage Configuration",
you have probably already verified that

"Onchip SATA Channel" [Enabled]

You may need to "Load Setup Defaults" in the BIOS,
then go back and re-load all the other parameters.
Maybe something weird got written into CMOS
RAM storage area (which stores the BIOS settings).

While you are inside the computer case, use a multimeter
and take a reading off the CR2032 3V CMOS battery. Make sure
the battery is still around ~3.0V of voltage level. Set the
multimeter to DC volts, and get a reading from the top
surface of the battery.

It could be, by turning off the PC every day (at the back),
the CMOS battery is flat and no longer properly holding
the values for BIOS setup.

*******

While the RESET signal may be overly sensitive to stray static
discharge induced faults, the same thing should not happen
to the POWER switch. While the OS is running, there is a four
second timer to prevent accidental shutdown due to pressing
the front POWER button, and that should prevent static
discharge from causing the PC to power off. So I don't
see how touching the computer case would cause the power
to go off. But a static discharge into the chassis while
touching the computer case, could cause the computer to
reset and reboot. If that happens, disconnect the RESET cable
from the motherboard front panel header, to prevent accidental
triggering.

Paul
Old September 10th 15, 01:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 15:37:06 +0200 (GMT+02:00), Freejazz wrote:

| Hi, I have the following Asus motherboard M4a87td evo and I don't
| why my motherboard can't recognise my main/active hard disk
| (Samsung 850 ssd) anymore.
| I have the Samsung ssd that worked fine and A) when I have tried
| to connect adding on my motherboard *two velociraptor (in raid 0
| configuration) and another hard disk my system has not recognised
| anything hdd/ssd anymore!
|

| Three-four months ago when the system worked fine with all hdd/ssd
| installed I tried to move my case and suddenly my pc shut down.
| After this issue my troubles started and all hdd/ssd didn't come
| recognise from motherboard. I don't remember how but I could
| recover my ssd unit (maybe I could restore my main unit through
| Linux) and the ssd worked fine and go to - A)
|
| Do you have some suggestions about my issue?

I had a similar problem a while back, also with an ASUS board. One of the 5V
connections in my PSU had gone south. Everything else worked. Once I installed a
new PSU, all was OK. In fact, I'm using that box for the Win10 Insider Preview
program now. You may want to check out your PSU just to be sure.

Larc
Old April 8th 17, 03:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
freejazz

--
'Za Fo'!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

All-in-One units with slide scanning GuessWho Printers 5 June 7th 05 07:32 PM
Base Units Gordon UK Computer Vendors 3 October 20th 04 11:12 PM
Same problem - Two different base units Ravi Sandhu Homebuilt PC's 6 August 30th 04 10:40 PM
FS: UV Exposure Units. [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 1 December 7th 03 12:29 AM
(Dis)Advantages of combo units? Paul Cdr 13 September 7th 03 08:05 AM