Ebuyer & CC Security Checks

Old November 17th 04, 01:51 PM
Essex Computers

Default Ebuyer & CC Security Checks

Do Ebuyer and or CC Processors only do Random security checks on credit
cards, just had this notification from them :-

"Dear Sir / Madam,
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW- THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL/ENOTE AS YOU
WILL BE ADVISED ON THE BELOW.

Unfortunately during the security check stage, our credit card processor has
informed us that the address that you have supplied is not the address that
they have on record for this particular credit/debit card.

***YOUR ORDER HAS NOW BEEN CONVERTED TO A QUOTE***

If the goods are still required then you need to replace your order, and
amend your address in the checkout process.

Please correct your address (as shown exactly on your statement) and replace
the order. If the details are correct and verified then the order will be
processed.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS - THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL/ENOTE AS YOU
WILL BE ADVISED ON THE ABOVE."

Previously used this card may times at this address and now have placed a
re-order with same card and its gone through ? Its just the inconviennce of
it all as it should be here tomorrow and now wont be til Monday.

W*nkers

Old November 17th 04, 05:06 PM
Peter Parry

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:51:21 -0000, "Essex Computers"
-dotcom wrote:

Do Ebuyer and or CC Processors only do Random security checks on credit
cards,

Most automatically check every single transaction.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Old November 17th 04, 06:31 PM
Essex Computers

-dotcom wrote:

Do Ebuyer and or CC Processors only do Random security checks on credit
cards,

Most automatically check every single transaction.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Im sure they cant, otherwise why has it gone thru this time, its certainly
not a registered address where its going ?

Old November 17th 04, 07:46 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Essex Computers" -dotcom wrote:

Do Ebuyer and or CC Processors only do Random security checks on credit
cards, just had this notification from them :-

snip

Previously used this card may times at this address and now have placed a
re-order with same card and its gone through ? Its just the inconviennce of
it all as it should be here tomorrow and now wont be til Monday.

Had exactly the same problem with ebuyer. I sent an e-note advising
there was nothing wrong with my card, they re-submitted the order and
it went through fine. Goods were delayed a couple of days as a
result, which was particularly irritating as I'd paid extra for next
day delivery.

--
iv Paul iv

Old November 17th 04, 11:59 PM
Peter Parry

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:31:22 -0000, "Essex Computers"
-dotcom wrote:

"Peter Parry" wrote in message

Most automatically check every single transaction.

Im sure they cant,

They do. It's not difficult, its automatic, takes a fraction of a
second and they can't afford not to

otherwise why has it gone thru this time, its certainly
not a registered address where its going ?

It's called a computer driven cock-up. Something in the process
failed and that auto generated a rejection and that caused their
software to auto generate a rejection message which may or may not
have had much to do with the original cause of failure.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Old November 18th 04, 03:14 PM
Essex Computers

"Paul Hopwood" wrote in message
"Essex Computers" -dotcom wrote:

Do Ebuyer and or CC Processors only do Random security checks on credit
cards, just had this notification from them :-

snip

Previously used this card may times at this address and now have placed a
re-order with same card and its gone through ? Its just the inconviennce

of
it all as it should be here tomorrow and now wont be til Monday.

Had exactly the same problem with ebuyer. I sent an e-note advising
there was nothing wrong with my card, they re-submitted the order and
it went through fine. Goods were delayed a couple of days as a
result, which was particularly irritating as I'd paid extra for next
day delivery.

--

I give up paying for next day with them now, never comes on time, most
orders i place now dont even offer that service. Its always after weekends i

Old November 18th 04, 07:07 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Essex Computers" -dotcom wrote:

Had exactly the same problem with ebuyer. I sent an e-note advising
there was nothing wrong with my card, they re-submitted the order and
it went through fine. Goods were delayed a couple of days as a
result, which was particularly irritating as I'd paid extra for next
day delivery.

I give up paying for next day with them now,

Likewise.

never comes on time,

I tended to find ebuyer would almost always ship on time but then I'd
have several days of chasing and being lied to by ****tyLink before
getting my parcel.

I've pretty much stopped using eBuyer. The hassle was costing me more
in lost time than I was saving anyway.

--
iv Paul iv

Old November 27th 04, 01:15 PM
bill

"Essex Computers" -dotcom wrote in message
Do Ebuyer and or CC Processors only do Random security checks on credit
cards, just had this notification from them :-

to prevent card fraud Ebuyer send a fax of your card details and name and
address to their card processing bank,
i think for them this is Nat West Streamline

Nat West Streamline then phone or fax the details to the card issuing bank,
asking them to verify the details,
this is called a CODE 10 security check,
if the name and address is not the same as that on your statement or
registered to the card the card issuing bank will say the name and address
check is incorrect,
depending on how fussy the issuing bank is they may say it is incomplete
(e.g. missing a line out of the address) or they may say the name is wrong
or the postcode wrong, other issuers may say the name/address is wrong for
some small reason, it is a bit of a lottery really, French banks refuse to
do Code 10 checks

then Nat West Streamline fax the list of correct, incorrect, incomplete,
wrong etc etc addresses back to Ebuyer and they dispatch the ones that are
okay and then send your email to the ones that are not, Nat West Streamline
replaces parts card number on the fax back with *s

basically if you haven't inputted your name and address as on your card
statement, there is the risk that your order will rejected through fraud
prevention measures

(i know this was their procedure a year or 2 ago, they may have changed
this, but unlikely)