ditched my Samsung ML-2150, got an HP P2055dn - now I'm happy!

Old August 4th 10, 01:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

Default ditched my Samsung ML-2150, got an HP P2055dn - now I'm happy!

The Samsung printer was getting all these "errors," which meant that I
had to power-cycle the printer with each print job. Unplugged the
Samsung and put it into a pile for the local e-recycling center.

So today I took delivery of my new HP printer. Love it. Network
enabled, has options for duplex, 250 page tray, etc., etc. And I
discovered that there is a slot for a memory upgrade. (Not sure if
this is a proprietary HP memory part or not.)

Ripped all the Samsung printer installs (multiple, for options like
duplex and landscape printing) and the Samsung printer port, and
installed the equivalents for the HP P2055. Only problem is that
sometimes the Add Printer wizard would seem to stall. Installing and
configuring this printer seems to take a lot of time relative to any
other printer I have experience with.

I was very happy with my ability to configure the printer via a
browser interface, because I have the printer on my home LAN.
Old August 5th 10, 04:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tim Okergit

On 08/03/2010 08:59 PM, Andrew Hamilton wrote:

the HP P2055.

I suppose it's this one?

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/p...CE459A%2523ABA

Recommended monthly volume
750 to 3000

Print languages
HP PCL 5c; HP PCL 6; HP postscript level 3 emulation with automatic
language switching

for... $325!!!

So you come here to tease us mere mortals with this heavenly machine? Go
to hell!

Only problem is that
sometimes the Add Printer wizard would seem to stall. Installing and
configuring this printer seems to take a lot of time relative to any
other printer I have experience with.

Try Linux and cut configuration time by half. OTOH, you generally don't
configure a printer all that often.
Old August 12th 10, 07:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 23:38:02 -0400, Tim Okergit wrote:

Recommended monthly volume
750 to 3000

More than I really need, but it's nice to know that this system has
the "muscle" for intense work when I need it. I really like the crisp
output and the 35 ppm.

Print languages
HP PCL 5c; HP PCL 6; HP postscript level 3 emulation with automatic
language switching

Ah, but there is a bug of sorts. If I have an Adobe PDF that is a
scanned image and I print that to Postscript, it seems to take about
15 minutes (yes, 15 minutes) per page. If I switch to PCL, I get the
same doc printed at normal speeds. Only downside is that PCL 6 seems
much more CPU-intensive than PS.

for... $325!!!

Yeah, with free shipping from newegg!

So you come here to tease us mere mortals with this heavenly machine? Go
to hell!

Well, see above.

-AH

Old August 12th 10, 07:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:36:43 +0100, Brian Carroll
wrote:

In article , Andrew
Hamilton wrote:

[Snip]

So today I took delivery of my new HP printer. Love it.
Network enabled, has options for duplex, 250 page tray, etc.,
etc. And I discovered that there is a slot for a memory
upgrade. (Not sure if this is a proprietary HP memory part or
not.)

Last year I ordered a 256Mb memory card for my HP CP1515n printer
from MISCO. It cost under Ł10, less than 1/5 the price of the HP
part from the same dealer. It was invoiced as 'Kingston
HP/Compaq Equivalent' and was recommended by MISCO technical
support. It does not invalidate the HP warranty (which I have had
to invoke).

Perhaps you could get a similar service from MISCO for your HP
printer.

Thanks. I'll try that. I'm also going to see if one of the 1 GB
memory sticks from my Lenovo laptop will work. They seem to be the
same size. Then I have an excuse to upgrade the memory in my laptop!

Adding the card to the printer was a trivial job.

It seems that way.

-AH

Brian.

Adding RAM in Samsung ML-2150 Ottar Printers 0 September 27th 05 09:03 PM
Samsung ml-2150 Shirlack Printers 1 February 17th 05 06:28 AM
Samsung ml-2150 Shirlack Printers 1 February 15th 05 05:39 PM
Samsung ML-2150 and postcards???? [email protected] Printers 0 January 21st 05 10:40 PM
Samsung ML-2150 cartridge memory Janusz Kołecki Printers 0 December 13th 04 02:36 AM