How find expert local PC builders

Old August 15th 06, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
R. McCarty

Default How find expert local PC builders

Haven't worked on the latest Dimension desktops, but the notebooks
are still being delivered with way too much "Value Added - Junk" on
them. I'm also finding more & more of these background updater &
monitoring programs. Even with the new 1.0 Gigabyte memory levels
it's still unfortunate to buy a brand new PC and have it loaded up with
all this non-essential "Crap-ola" on them. Doesn't Dell understand the
value of a "Performance Tuned" computer. I guess for a while they will
be pre-occupied with replacing 4-Million batteries that can substitute
for a stick of dynamite.

"Eric Furness" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:01:39 -0400, "Homer J. Simpson"
wrote:

And then I'll probably tell you which model Dell to buy

I was with you up to this point.

Does Dell still preload a few gigs worth of crapware and trial versions of
shyte you'll never need? Still no real media from which you can perform a
clean install after blowing everything away?

yup..
Eric

Old August 16th 06, 01:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Larry Samuels

You strung everybody else out a little longer--you lost me at the Vista
reference since it is obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

--
Larry Samuels Associate Expert
MS-MVP (2001-2005)
"johns" wrote in message
ps.com...

I'm an expert builder. What are you trying to do?
Also, the idea that kids know anything about building
computers is nonsense. They know just enough
to get you into an ASUS mobo, and nothing about
ergonomics, warranty scams, price breaks, bad
video cards, screaming loud DVD drives, stupid
RAIDs when all you need is a large hard drive and
an external USB backup drive, slow pricy LCD
monitors with no modern inputs for expansion
and multimedia, nothing about security and good
software for that, nothing about imaging, and
especially nothing about Vista. I beta tested Vista
..... DON'T DO IT :-)
Go find a builder, and come back here with a list
of parts he recommends, and I will debunk it for
you. When you get an idea of what you want to
do with a new computer, I can give you a list of
parts ... and prices .. and you can go hang that
under his nose, and see what he says. And then
I'll debunk that for you too :-) And then I'll probably
tell you which model Dell to buy, and the upgrade
specs so Dell doesn't put you into a piece of crap
that won't even come close to doing what they
claim it will do.

johns

Old August 16th 06, 03:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Homer J. Simpson

You strung everybody else out a little longer--you lost me at the Vista
reference since it is obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

Well, I saw that but chose to ignore it in order to avoid a religious war...

Old August 16th 06, 09:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Mxsmanic

Homer J. Simpson writes:

Does Dell still preload a few gigs worth of crapware and trial versions of
shyte you'll never need? Still no real media from which you can perform a
clean install after blowing everything away?

Yes to both questions.

64-bit Gold Fingers Homebuilt PC's 6 March 24th 06 05:00 PM
RAID-5 on DFI NF4 Expert motherboard, also WinXP Soft-Raid 5. Erik Harris Overclocking AMD Processors 2 February 1st 06 11:46 PM
Dell Inspiron Fan -- Where do I find halfy Dell Computers 5 January 10th 06 02:39 AM
Newbie: OC Advice: AMDXP2200 CPU Donald Bock Overclocking AMD Processors 2 March 12th 05 12:14 AM
Struggling to find position in I.T. Brennan General 5 September 18th 03 06:02 PM