3 choices, only 1 is right for me

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 23rd 17, 05:50 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_28_]

Default 3 choices, only 1 is right for me

micky wrote:
Sorry this is so complicated but none of the amazon or ebay ads seem to
give total infomration. So the isssue is not about price but about
which will work with:HSPA/UMTS – 850/1900/2100 MHz (They all work with
win7.)

This one has the frequencies (bands) I want (Tri-band HSPA/UMTS –
850/1900/2100 MHz ), but it doesn't mention the Dell Latitude e4300, my
computer. It only says
"Compatibility: Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M2400 M4400 M6400, and
M6500"
https://www.amazon.com/Gobi1000-Wire.../dp/B00LIRZ8KG

OTOH, this one says it fits my model the e4300, but it doesn't say what
frequenciese or bands it has. However it says it fits:
Dell Latitude E4200, E4300, whis mine, and 3 other Latitudes. and
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M2400, M4400, M6400 which are 3 of
the 4 computers above.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Wireles....c100005.m1851

So if the second one fits both mine and also 3 of the 4 computers that
the first one fits, does it follow that the first one will fit my
computer too and since it has the right frequencies, that's the one to
buy? Or no? Maybe the Latitude computers which came out in August 2008
didn't exist when th N2400,m4400 adn m6400 were released, which was...
also August 2008**, but maybe the documentation doesn't mention
Latitudes anyhow, eve though it fits them too? **Older than I thought,
but works quite well so far. She didn't have any other small ones
iirc.

The second one above is a Dell 5530, but it also an Ericson F3507G.
This page says Ericsson F3507G has UMTS frequency bands:850,1900,2100
http://www.3g-modem-wiki.com/page/Ericsson+F3507G

The 5530 below is new, is being shipped from the USA, and I would expect
it to have the same 5530 values as the others, but it says in the
Frequency Band 2.300 to 2.500 GHz
DOES THAT NOT MEAN IT WON'T have all three frequencies that I want
850/1900 and 2100 MHz?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Del....c100005.m1851

If you can help me make sense of this muddle, it will be appreciated.

Part 2: What does "dashboard" mean here?

Dashboard
Since Ericsson supplies this card only as OEM-product, there's no
unbranded dashboard available. However an unbranded dashboard (at least
not branded by an operator) can be downloaded from Dell:
version 5.2.1045.43 A00 download here (the link is no good now.)

http://www.dell.com/downloads/ap/pro...table_sgmy.pdf

Mobile Broadband & GPS: Dell Wireless 5720 (EvDO & GPS) MobileBroadband mini card,
Dell Wireless 5530 (Tri-band HSDPA 7.2/HSUPA2.0 & GPS) Mini-Card

The installer enforces usage with a particular set of laptop models.
So when they say 5530 works with model list, they really mean it.
This individual hacks the installer, to do his bidding.

https://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/201...hspa-mini-pci/

The card is also for AT&T customers. Apparently there is a different
card for Vodaphone. You'd need to get a SIM card from AT&T ?

https://www.cnet.com/news/dell-adamo...ative-with-3g/

Would AT&T tech support be willing to help ?
Maybe their people know more about the "lockin" involved with this stuff.

The dashboard is just some sort of control panel with
connection info and other statistics.

*******

But surely you'd want 4G "Americas largest 4G Network"...
Good things come in large packages.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...l-pictures.jpg

Paul

New laptop, choices, choices Tom Scales Dell Computers 16 August 22nd 07 02:19 AM
A7v 333 CPU choices? HaGGar Asus Motherboards 3 April 13th 07 10:38 PM
CPU Choices ET Asus Motherboards 5 August 19th 06 07:55 PM
LCD choices for CAD Jimmy General 0 September 3rd 05 02:42 PM
Choices choices choices........ Rob G Ati Videocards 2 June 29th 05 04:35 AM