Help needed in identifying Compaq EN Series (PD1005 ?)

Old November 2nd 03, 03:02 PM

Default Help needed in identifying Compaq EN Series (PD1005 ?)

I have got a Compaq PD1005. I can't find this model on the HP/Compaq-site. And
nobody in this group seems to recognise the type.

So I ran Aida32 http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32, a system
information tool.

I found out it is a Compaq EN series.

Now I want to know what EN series it is, so that I can download the correct
manual-pdf's and Compaq software paqs.

Can anyone help me interpreting the data to find out which EN-type it is?

Thanks in advance!

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium II, 350 MHz
Moederbordnaam Compaq Deskpro EN Series
Moederbord Chipset Intel 82440BX/ZX
Systeemgeheugen 32 MB
BIOS Type Compaq (04/14/98)

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Eigenschappen:
Verkoper Compaq
Versie 686T3
Uitgavedatum 04/14/98
Capaciteit 256 KB
Opstartapparaten Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, LS-120
Specificaties Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD
Ondersteunde Standaarden DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
Uitbreidingsmogelijkheden ISA, PCI, AGP, USB

[ Systeem ]

Systeemeigenschappen:
Fabrikant Compaq
Product Deskpro EN Series
Serienummer 8908BW330012
Universeel Uniek ID D90F0B05-33BAD211-8A43F800-2C77F85B
Wakkermaak-type Stroomschakelaar

[ Moederbord ]

Moederbordeigenschappen:
Fabrikant Compaq
Product 0400h
Serienummer 8908BW330012

[ Chassis ]

Chassis Eigenschappen:
Fabrikant Compaq
Serienummer 8908BW330012
Etiket 8908BW330012
Chassis Type Desktop
chassis Slot Aanwezig

Could these URL be the correct ones, since '686T3' is what it states in Aida32
about the BIOS. Can the serialnumber '8908BW330012' help out?

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...ision/214.html
ROM Image for Deskpro EN and Deskpro Workstation AP240 Series Remote ROM Flash
(686T3 ROM)

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...load/6751.html
Software and Drivers - download ROM Image for Deskpro EN and Deskpro
Workstation AP240 Series Remote ROM Flash (686T3 ROM), 99.08.05

Thanks in advance !

Suggestions for the URLS that will enable me to gather all the software
PAQS/other drivers are welcome!

Old November 2nd 03, 08:03 PM

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:45:51 GMT, "HH" wrote:

It's in the DeskPro EN Series, but there are a heck of a lot of DeskPro EN
models.

I know by bow it's a EN Series.

So, how do I find out which model?

What is it in the Aida32 report that can show that?
Old November 2nd 03, 09:29 PM
HH

Uh, As I said, it's a DeskPro. Call Compaq support and give them the serial
number of the PC. They can tell you what it is.
HH

Old November 2nd 03, 09:30 PM
Cubzilla

The serial number will give you the model if you stick it in the Compaq URL
and put it in "locate your spare part by serial"

http://h30121.www3.hp.com/sparesstor...3JV17LWP9GVWHD
MFNUP51JDC20V8&Create=1

Regards

Trev

Old November 3rd 03, 11:34 AM

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:30:53 -0000, "Cubzilla" wrote:

The serial number will give you the model if you stick it in the Compaq URL
and put it in "locate your spare part by serial"

http://h30121.www3.hp.com/sparesstor...3JV17LWP9GVWHD
MFNUP51JDC20V8&Create=1

Thanks, this is *real* help!!!

(and not having to be lead to a expensive 'can you hold please' number)
Old November 3rd 03, 12:00 PM

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:30:53 -0000, "Cubzilla" wrote:

http://h30121.www3.hp.com/sparesstor...3JV17LWP9GVWHD
MFNUP51JDC20V8&Create=1

It didn't recognize the serial number :-(

I send them a mail at my country site (Holland)
http://www.compaq.nl/support/helpdes...or/vragen.html

Thanks anyhow!

Compaq spare parts store
locate your spare part
http://h30121.www3.hp.com/sparesstore/QuickSearch.asp

by serial number
by part number
using a keyword search
Old November 3rd 03, 12:37 PM
Cubzilla

Post your serial number if you like

Trev

http://h30121.www3.hp.com/sparesstor...G3JV17LWP9GVWH

Old November 3rd 03, 12:38 PM
Cubzilla

BTW

The serial number has to be the correct one it's made up of about 12 number
& characters something like 1234ABC56789

/Trev

Old November 3rd 03, 08:42 PM

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:37:03 -0000, "Cubzilla" wrote:

Post your serial number if you like

Serial is : 8908BW330012

And this is the 'universal unique ID' : D90F0B05-33BAD211-8A43F800-2C77F85B

[...]

Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 August 7th 03 11:24 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 04:22 PM