What type of RAM in LTE 5100 series ??

Old June 26th 03, 09:21 AM
VibSch

Sorry, wrong link - didn't work. This should be better

http://h71025.www7.hp.com/support/re...ncelibrary.asp
?countrycode=1000&catid=763&famid=2262&prodid=12|L TE+5000

:-)VibSch

"VibSch" wrote in message
Try this link (hope it works). Its directly to the complete Service and
Maintenance Guide for LTE 5x- series if you ever need to disassemble your
notebook. It takes a minute or two to open - its about 320pages large.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinfo...ce_guides/2135
83-002_rev2_us.pdf

:-)Vibeke

"Mike Calkins" wrote in message
news
Options for the LTE 5100

Memory
8-MB Memory Expansion Board 213515-001
16-MB Memory Expansion Board 213515-002
32-MB Memory Expansion Board 213515-003
64-MB Memory Expansion Board 213515-004

Spares...for the LTE 5100

Memory Boards / Modules
8 MB 70 ns Memory Expansion Board 213536-001
16MB 70 ns Memory Expansion Board 213536-002
32 MB 70 ns Memory Expansion Board 213536-003
64 MB 70 ns Memory Expansion Board 213536-004

"Yareq" wrote in message
Hi !

I need a help because my old notebook has only 8mb of ram
and I need to extend it.

Is anybody here who knows what type of ram is used in COMPAQ LTE 5100

series
??

...and where is it placed in machine ??

Jarek, Poland

Old June 26th 03, 02:31 PM
DEJ57

I stated that the memory were a pair of boards.

No, you didn't. None of your posts state the above.

I never stated that the modules needed to be installed in pairs

Yes, you did--sorta...
Quoting from the string...

Is this an usual SO-DIMM memory ??
I have 64 MB module, will it be working ??
/Jarek

No. It's Compaq unique and long before a SODIMM was ever even thought of.
Tom

OK, Tom,
Perhaps it's a pre-SODIMM .... Gotta be in pairs, and follow the
previous links.
Mike

Mike's done such a poor job of describing what it is he is talking about I have
to admit I don't know if he's correct or not. I had issue with the confusing
description, not necessarily whether pre-SODIMM memory chips had to be
installed in pairs, and I don't think they do...but maybe so.

OK, I may be wrong, but I'm still critical of the way you have described all
this.

Dale

Old June 26th 03, 07:10 PM
DEJ57

Did you get the pics?

Yes. The quality was poor and I initially had trouble seeing any detail. At
first thought the chips were plugged into the plastic strip, like a bus. Seems
that's actually the edge or side of the laptop and the slot connections are
along the opposite edges.
Old June 30th 03, 05:28 AM
the yeti

If someone has a picture of this memory modual, email it to me
) and I'll host it for a few weeks so anyone who
wants to can see what we are taliking about.
Old July 2nd 03, 05:43 PM
Mike Calkins

Sent last night.

Mike in Houston