possible fix for my a7n8x sound problem

Old February 12th 05, 09:29 PM
Keith Whitfield

Default possible fix for my a7n8x sound problem

Hi. I posted a while ago about a problem i was having with my soundblaster
audigy and asus a7n8x. see below for a paste of the original mail. I think
the problem was with the MultiMeda Center software from ATI. MMC8. I have
just upgraded to Version 9 without DVD support / Decoders and the audio
problem seems to have gone. I need to run some more tests and see if it's
something to do with the dvd decoder part or media center its self. Thanks
for all your input in trying to help fix this.
If anyone else has problems like this it might be an area to strat looking
at first as ive spent hours trying diffrent things out.

Thanks Again
Keith

My spec's
Motherboard: Asus A7n8x Delux Rev2
CPU: Amd Athlon 3000XP (333FSB)
Memory: Corsair 1Gb TwinX (333FSB) Dual Memory Configuration
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum Pro
Graphics Card: ATI All In Wonder 9800 Pro
Harddrive: Maxtor 160GB (8Meg Buffer)
DVD Writer: Lite-On Dual Layer Dvd Writer & Standard Lite-on DVD Rom
Operating System: Windows XP Pro / SP2

Problem
When im playing music everything is ok but when im typing or using the
keyboard I get a loud clicking noise now and again through the card. if i
hold a key down so it prints loads of letters accross the screen theres a
very slight delay just before it makes the click sound I also noticed if i
just hold the shift key down it does the same randomly clicking noise ontop
of the audio.
I checked the irq settings in windows device manager and the soundblaster is
assigned to IRQ17 (Creative SB Audigy ZS (WDM) It Dosn't look like thers any
other devices using this IRQ. I can run the onboard sound card at the same
time and still no conflicts. It's only when i start using the keyboard that
the problem shows up. I also tried moving the card to diffren't pci slots.
All the drivers im using are the latest out even the nvida from there
website As asus don't update them anymore for this board.

Sound problem a7n8x & soundblaster Keith Whitfield Asus Motherboards 8 February 6th 05 01:14 PM
A7N8X 2.0 & ATI 9800SE AIW: Sound problem Snap crackle pop Dan Carbone Asus Motherboards 0 December 10th 03 08:55 PM
Sound problem Dave General 1 December 7th 03 02:41 PM
A7N8X Delux problems... IDE-SATA issues, Sound Card, others dino Asus Motherboards 7 October 29th 03 10:36 AM
Sound Problem in A7N8X Deluxe... Rob Asus Motherboards 11 August 6th 03 02:03 AM