A7N8X sound problem

Old October 31st 03, 11:35 PM
Beemer Biker

Default A7N8X sound problem

your post is somewhat old, but my problem is very similar. Getting noise
from on board sound chips (DLX model). We tried installing an audigy 1
after disableing the on board sound and the morse code (put put ssound) was
even worse. Problem occurs all the time, but is more pronounced when the
system is idle. tried diffrernt shield cables, no difference. Did you ever
solve this problem?

"« Les »" wrote in message
My friend has the standard version of the A7N8X. He is having major issues
in games with crackly sound. In some games its like a horrid
thump-thump-thump in the background (TR:AOD for one) So far we have tried
flashing the bios to the latest version, using multiple versions of nforce
drivers, downloading and installing the latest Realtek drivers, trying a
Soundblaster Live 5.1 (with the same problem strangely enough) I have seen
on a website somewhere the suggestion that nforce 'southbridge' is too hot
and to stick a heatsink on, any thoughts on that? (here is link to aricle
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/12237/ ) Crazy thing is that
the problem is not there when playing DVDs, mp3 and even quite a few other
games have no problems. All games have been patched to latest versions

etc.
Examples of games with the problem a Homeworld 2, Republic the
Revolution, Nosferatu, Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness. Any game based on
quake3 engine are mostly fine, Tron 2.0 is ok as is Chrome, Chaser and

Halo.

His System

Asus A7N8X
Athlon T-Bred 2400+
512Mb PC2700
Hercules Prophet 9700Pro
Mator 80 Gb 7200rpm HD
16x DVD
48x CD-RW
OS is Win XP Home Ed all up to date
Dx9.0b
Cat 3.7 drivers

Can anyone offer any advise other than binning the motherboard (well

RMA'ing
it ;-) )

cheers

Old November 12th 03, 08:47 PM
JB

"« Les »" ble terrorisert til å skrive i
:

[...]

You must install Windows as Standard PC not ACPI PC(push F5 when booting
from the Windows CD). Had the same problem before I installed Windows from
scratch as Standard PC.

--
jb

Sound problem Dave General 1 December 7th 03 01:41 PM
A7N8X Delux problems... IDE-SATA issues, Sound Card, others dino Asus Motherboards 7 October 29th 03 09:36 AM
Sound Problem in A7N8X Deluxe... Rob Asus Motherboards 11 August 6th 03 02:03 AM
A7N8X Deluxe and Removable HDD Problem C. Stuart McKendrick, III Asus Motherboards 2 July 10th 03 02:28 PM
Reboot Problem on A7N8X and XP Home Ed_ Asus Motherboards 1 July 7th 03 05:17 AM