System Information Utility

Old September 30th 10, 05:21 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default System Information Utility

Can anyone advice on a simple utility that will detail all items on
your system (processor, memory, and others components). I tried using
WinXP's System Information Utility, but it is very confusing and does
not list items by name and brand, etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Charliec

Old September 30th 10, 07:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
William R. Walsh

Belarc Advisor is one program that I've heard good things about. It is free
for personal use. You might also get some more information out of the
Windows device manager or even the Dell service tag (basically a serial
number) if the system hasn't changed since it was built.

William

Old September 30th 10, 06:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Sam

wrote in message
Can anyone advice on a simple utility that will detail all items on
your system (processor, memory, and others components). I tried using
WinXP's System Information Utility, but it is very confusing and does
not list items by name and brand, etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Charliec

You could have a look at this one, put out by the same people that
have CCleaner or Crap Cleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Sam

Old September 30th 10, 07:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 01:32:17 -0500, "William R. Walsh" m wrote:

Belarc Advisor is one program that I've heard good things about. It is free
for personal use. You might also get some more information out of the
Windows device manager or even the Dell service tag (basically a serial
number) if the system hasn't changed since it was built.

William

Thanks for the replies.

Charliec
Old September 30th 10, 11:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
woody

This free one is excellent:

http://www.gtopala.com/

Woody

Old October 1st 10, 01:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:40:37 -0300, "woody" wrote:

This free one is excellent:

http://www.gtopala.com/

Woody

Nice Woody... thanks !
Old October 1st 10, 12:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

There are a couple he http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...l/optdiag.html