I've noticed some great deals on laptops on ebay

Old February 18th 07, 04:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
[email protected]

Default I've noticed some great deals on laptops on ebay

What the deal, prices keep getting better and better, seems like there
are the best deals on compaq laptops are on Ebay. The prices are
incredible.

Old February 19th 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
Phil Sherman

Ebay has become one of the largest fencing operations in the US for
stolen goods. I'm not surprised to see good (prices so low it's a steal)
deals. Please note that Ebay does not support or condone selling stolen
merchandise but they can't control 100,000 individual sellers who can
setup an account, sell a dozen items then disappear.

Phil Sherman

Old February 19th 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
Howard Huntley

Local sales people have always put down any kind of remote sales mail
order, factory direct and now ebay. The money is being transferred out
of the local market.

Old February 19th 07, 02:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
[email protected]

Remember, If It's too good of a deal, It Is. Buyer beware Is the key
word here.

Paying with PayPal is also a lost cause. Oh they say your covered. But I
found out your not. Then the seller won't list things like this and
that don't work. Bios password is set. The mfg wont help you out unless
your the registered owner. Etc, Etc.

Old February 19th 07, 08:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
timeOday

Phil Sherman wrote:
Ebay has become one of the largest fencing operations in the US for
stolen goods. I'm not surprised to see good (prices so low it's a steal)
deals.

Assuming we're talking about auctions, the price is set by the buyers,
not the seller, so "too good to be true" doesn't mean a whole lot.
Old February 19th 07, 08:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
[email protected]

What about the buy it now ? The seller set's the price.
Then the fake biding that goes on. I post a item on there to sell, Call
3-5 friends and have them bid on it. This over drives the price up.

It happens all to many times.

Old March 5th 07, 03:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

wrote in message
oups.com...
What the deal, prices keep getting better and better, seems like there
are the best deals on compaq laptops are on Ebay. The prices are
incredible.

maybe NOT your issue, but ... are you talking new or used ? From
OEM's or buying from local/nationally known resellers ... reason I ask
is that at local computer shows, I've found that a LOT ( if not ALL) of
their PC's have the same OEM software license on them. And I asked -
none came with a software CD ( 2000/xp). All of these vendors where from
out of town. I understand that it's easier for them to make one image
and then just blast it to all the same model PC's , but nowadays, the
first time a user tries to download from MSFT, he hits the Genuine
Advantage issue and unless he's the first of the entire group (
doubtful), then someone will have already registered that license with
MSFT.... rendering this " new PC" license useless. So, if that seller
doesn't need a legit license, he can hobble together parts/make a pc and
use the same cd to install the software on any of that model pc - and it
works fine - until it needs an update. Then the buyer finds out the
license is no good ... so be careful as that's one way to 'keep the
cost down'.

Old March 5th 07, 10:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
[email protected]

..
you're better off reading the Ebay newsgroup

there are many risks buying laptops on Ebay
lot's of scams
or, if you buy through Paypal...without a credit card,
you can be stuck pretty bad, if the seller doesn't deliver the laptop

it's not worth the risk, saving 100-200 bucks

waterboy