Docking station for R series?

Old January 13th 06, 10:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Docking station for R series?

I have an R4155 and would like to know if a docking station or port
replicator exists for this model - does anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Old January 13th 06, 05:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

docking station,-
If they do I see none
port replicator,-
many companies make them
targus is about 80 dollars
requires USB 2.0 which your system probably meets
Will it dock no
Docking is much neater as it will match the case

Will it work yes
. ..

Old January 13th 06, 08:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Jon Moore wrote:
I have an R4155 and would like to know if a docking station or port
replicator exists for this model - does anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Does your computer have a connector for the dock?

It would be labeled 'expansion port 2'.

Old January 14th 06, 12:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

"craigm" wrote in message
Jon Moore wrote:
I have an R4155 and would like to know if a docking station or port
replicator exists for this model - does anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Does your computer have a connector for the dock?

It would be labeled 'expansion port 2'.

Indeed it does - conveniently located on the right hand side of the laptop.
Can you give me any pointers for the part number from Compaq that I would
plug into it?

Cheers,

Jon

Old January 14th 06, 05:14 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Jon Moore wrote:
"craigm" wrote in message

Jon Moore wrote:

I have an R4155 and would like to know if a docking station or port
replicator exists for this model - does anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Does your computer have a connector for the dock?

It would be labeled 'expansion port 2'.

Indeed it does - conveniently located on the right hand side of the laptop.
Can you give me any pointers for the part number from Compaq that I would
plug into it?

Cheers,

Jon

You could try the HP website.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...e=PA399A%23ABA
Old January 14th 06, 06:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Compaq sells the Targus port replicator
that can be purchased elsewhere
Would you like a link
"craigm" wrote in message

Old January 16th 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

"craigm" wrote in message
Jon Moore wrote:
"craigm" wrote in message

Jon Moore wrote:

I have an R4155 and would like to know if a docking station or port
replicator exists for this model - does anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Does your computer have a connector for the dock?

It would be labeled 'expansion port 2'.

Indeed it does - conveniently located on the right hand side of the
laptop. Can you give me any pointers for the part number from Compaq that
I would plug into it?

Cheers,

Jon

You could try the HP website.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...e=PA399A%23ABA

Excellent - thanks for that, just what I was looking for. Now I just need to
find a way of getting it to the UK.

Thanks again Craig,

Jon