Can anyone get through to Compaq Support?

Old September 14th 03, 10:54 PM
Euc1id

It was tracked! How the f... do you think I could say that it arrived in
Memphis TN on Sept 5 otherwise? Gheeeezzz@!!!!!
--
Euc1id

"Not Me" wrote in message
Might check with FEDEX to track the package.

| Nobody mentioned RMA. I got a CSO# (Customer Service Order#), not a RMA.
|
| I called their tech support on the phone, they sent me a shipping box, I
put
| the monitor in the box, affixed the prepaid FedEx label, and they

received
| it back in Memphis TN on Sept 5 2003.
|
| The promise date for me to receive the replacement monitor was Sept 11,
| which is already past. Now nobody knows anything. Their website doesn't.
| Their phone tech support doesn't, nor does their email tech support. The
HP
| Order Center phone number refuses to connect, saying they have a

technical
| problem.
|
| So their system appears to be broken.
| --
| Euc1id
|

| "HH" wrote in message
| .. .
| You didn't have authorization from Compaq to return the monitor? It
stands
| for Return Materials Authorization. You have to get one from Compaq

tech
| support and include the number on the box when you ship something
| defective
| back.
| HH
|

| "Euc1id" wrote in message
| nk.net...
| What's a RMA?
|
| "HH" wrote in message
| .. .
| Did you get an RMA on the monitor?
| HH
|
| "Euc1id" wrote in message
| .net...
| I can comiserate. It looks like they're pretty much disabled. I
got
| thru
| on
| the phone after about a 30 minute wait, but they couldn't help

me.
| returned a defective monitor under warranty (it was defective

out
of
| the
| box, with a brand new computer), but haven't received a
| repair/replacement,
| and they don't know anything about when I'll receive it.
Fortunately
| I've
| got a spare monitor, but still they're not operating on the
up-&-up
| re
| their
| warranty, etc.
| --
| Euc1id
|
| "J Wilson" wrote in message
| om...
| I've been trying to call 800-652-6672 for about a week now.
After
| listening to about 5 minutes of prompts and information about
the
| blaster virus, I go into the support queue and am disconnected
| after
| about a minute. I need to get in touch with Compaq ASAP to
order
| quick restore CD. I've contacted them by e-mail and they say

| need
| to call to get the quick restore CD. They haven't responded

my

Old September 15th 03, 01:10 AM
Not Me

I have no way to know how you made the determination on delivery. It could
very well be a WAG (will a** guess) on your part. However if you have proof
of delivery the ball is in Compaq's court.

An aside this is YOUR problem, not mine, I'm trying to be helpful.

Old September 17th 03, 09:51 AM
Euc1id

They have finally broken the stonewall and my repaired monitor is on a FedEx
truck headed in my direction. It took an email to Carly to get them off
their asses. They say that they didn't receive my defective monitor package
until Sept 16, but they received it on Sept 5 as the FedEx proof of delivery
proves. So in addition to being unreliable, they're liars too! HP/Compaq
sucks - bigtime!
--
Euc1id

Old September 17th 03, 03:22 PM
HH

Plonk !
HH
ink.net...

Old November 28th 03, 09:14 PM
Blade

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:22:57 GMT, "HH" wrote:

Plonk !
HH
link.net...

"Not Me" wrote in message
I have no way to know how you made the determination on delivery. It

could
very well be a WAG (will a** guess) on your part. However if you have

proof
of delivery the ball is in Compaq's court.

An aside this is YOUR problem, not mine, I'm trying to be helpful.

| It was tracked! How the f... do you think I could say that it arrived

in
| Memphis TN on Sept 5 otherwise? Gheeeezzz@!!!!!
| --
|
| Might check with FEDEX to track the package.

No dma sw mode support for cd writer ggroups2 Asus Motherboards 1 September 4th 04 01:53 AM
Bad news for ATI: Nvidia to 'own' ATI at CeBit - no pixel shader 3.0 support in R420 (long) NV55 Ati Videocards 12 February 24th 04 06:29 AM
Compaq customer service and support = excellent experience Darwin Compaq Computers 1 September 4th 03 11:43 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 24th 03 08:10 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 10th 03 08:07 PM