Shrinking image

Old December 6th 03, 04:15 PM

Default Shrinking image

Two vote for the monitor is failing. I add to that - tinkering under
the covers with a CRT can be a shocking experience. OTOH, my
Grandmother always said those that won't listen have to feel. Some
folks now have recreational use of public resources documented in
their permanent personnel file.

========
Practice safe tinkering and always wear a grounding strap.
View the UPDATED FAQ for alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message ...
Michael,

The monitor is failing. No sense in messing with it. It can only get worse.
Not even worth your time to open up the monitor to play with the potentiometers
and risk a HIGH voltage shock.
Good quality replacements are available at low prices, either new or used, from
reputable dealers. If you are near Fitchburg, MA, give me a call or drop an
email, and you can see what I have available starting at $40. Sold my last $25
15" monitor last week.

Ben Myers
tel: 978-456-3889
email:

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:27:44 GMT, "Michael DeAmelio"
wrote:

I don't know if I am in the right place or not - but here's my problem maybe
if no one has an answer someone will be able to direct me to where I can get
help.

I working on a 5 year old PB. All was fine until recently the image on my
monitor started shrinking. I am currently looking at about 1/2 of the screen
(full image included within).
The monitors buttons have no effect and neither does anything in Control
Panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old December 7th 03, 06:11 PM

ROFL. Go right ahead and disagree with Meyers, Last, and me. The
monitor is failing and a replacement is the simple, and inexpensive
solution. It is you that show ignorance. Your ignorance includes many
areas of technology, and most areas of English composition, grammar,
to say nothing of manners.

You have been officially warned by the New York Police, and numerous
NY Officials to stop cyberstalking.

I again tell you. STOP.

You are prohibited from responding to any message I post on this or
any other NG.

(Elector) wrote in message . com...
Two votes for the monitor is failing. I add to that - tinkering under