Shrinking image

Old November 26th 03, 04:27 AM
Michael DeAmelio

Default Shrinking image

I don't know if I am in the right place or not - but here's my problem maybe
if no one has an answer someone will be able to direct me to where I can get
help.

I working on a 5 year old PB. All was fine until recently the image on my
monitor started shrinking. I am currently looking at about 1/2 of the screen
(full image included within).
The monitors buttons have no effect and neither does anything in Control
Panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old November 26th 03, 04:33 AM
Anthony

"Michael DeAmelio" wrote in message
I don't know if I am in the right place or not - but here's my problem

maybe
if no one has an answer someone will be able to direct me to where I can

get
help.

I working on a 5 year old PB. All was fine until recently the image on my
monitor started shrinking. I am currently looking at about 1/2 of the

screen
(full image included within).
The monitors buttons have no effect and neither does anything in Control
Panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

have yo tried a differnet monitor? Sounds like the monitor is going bad, or
something screwy with the refresh rate. I would try a difernet monitor,
that would norrow it down to eiter the monitor or video card/chipset.

Regards,
Anthony

Old November 26th 03, 11:14 AM
Elector

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:27:44 GMT, "Michael DeAmelio" had this to say
and I had to reply to it:

::I don't know if I am in the right place or not - but here's my problem maybe
::if no one has an answer someone will be able to direct me to where I can get
::help.
::
::I working on a 5 year old PB. All was fine until recently the image on my
::monitor started shrinking. I am currently looking at about 1/2 of the screen
:full image included within).
::The monitors buttons have no effect and neither does anything in Control
::Panel.
::
::Any ideas?
::
::Thanks
::

Additionally what may be needed is a video card update to the drivers. I don't know what OS your
using so I cannot tell you how to adjust the settings. Like Anthony stated in his answer the
refresh rate may be screwed up. Many times the monitor needs to have the drivers reloaded in order
to function and some monitors have "On screen settings" that adjust the vert-horz and other
aspects.

Did you try right clicking on the desktop and then selecting properties and then under the video
card/monitor settings in the Windows desktop set the monitor there? Try that and then write back.

Elector

Old November 27th 03, 07:59 PM
First Last

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:27:44 GMT, "Michael DeAmelio"
had this to say
and I had to reply to it:

I don't know if I am in the right place or not - but here's my problem maybe
if no one has an answer someone will be able to direct me to where I can get
help. I working on a 5 year old PB. All was fine until recently the image
on my monitor started shrinking. I am currently looking at about 1/2 of the
screen (full image included within). The monitors buttons have no effect and
neither does anything in Control Panel. Any ideas? Thanks

I have seen this before. It is the monitor in failure mode.

Old November 29th 03, 05:11 AM
metronid

It is not the tube itself
I belive this because the raster is diminished
in both the X and Y axis horizontal and vertical
This is a volatage problem usually

If you can not adjust it by the settings
and/or the settings have not been touched
and the H and V height and width are not
adjustable from the outside of unit
You may
Open at your risk and adjust the apropriate resistor
pots

Old December 4th 03, 02:42 AM
First Last

Ah!

Always worth the effort.

news It is not the tube itself

Old December 4th 03, 03:55 AM
Ben Myers

Michael,

The monitor is failing. No sense in messing with it. It can only get worse.
Not even worth your time to open up the monitor to play with the potentiometers
and risk a HIGH voltage shock.

Good quality replacements are available at low prices, either new or used, from
reputable dealers. If you are near Fitchburg, MA, give me a call or drop an
email, and you can see what I have available starting at $40. Sold my last $25
15" monitor last week.

Ben Myers
tel: 978-456-3889
email: