Memorex CDRs

Old August 2nd 03, 12:45 AM
Lane Lewis

Default Memorex CDRs

Bought 50 of these Memorex Cdrs and one out of ten is good, is this normal
as I never had a problem with anything else. (tdk, sony, maxel, fugi, etc.)
also got some Memorex music CDRs but they don't work either in a computer.

Ricoh 6x
Celeron 1 gig.

Lane

Old August 2nd 03, 01:08 AM
mark24951

Lane Lewis wrote:
Bought 50 of these Memorex Cdrs and one out of ten is good, is this normal
as I never had a problem with anything else. (tdk, sony, maxel, fugi, etc.)
also got some Memorex music CDRs but they don't work either in a computer.

Ricoh 6x
Celeron 1 gig.

Lane

Memorex Cdrs are an if'ie thing, some burners like them, some don't.
Also new disks use different dyes and are if'ie in old drives.

Old August 2nd 03, 02:38 AM
Lane Lewis

"mark24951" wrote in message
Lane Lewis wrote:
Bought 50 of these Memorex Cdrs and one out of ten is good, is this

normal
as I never had a problem with anything else. (tdk, sony, maxel, fugi,

etc.)
also got some Memorex music CDRs but they don't work either in a

computer.

Ricoh 6x
Celeron 1 gig.

Lane

Memorex Cdrs are an if'ie thing, some burners like them, some don't.
Also new disks use different dyes and are if'ie in old drives.

How about the music CDRs, should they work in a computer. The ones I
bought would not even begin to write. Strange that all the other brands work
but I do tend to stick with Maxell just buying the others when they are dirt
cheap.

Lane

Old August 2nd 03, 03:20 AM
callsignviper

"Lane Lewis" wrote in message
. ..
Bought 50 of these Memorex Cdrs and one out of ten is good, is this normal
as I never had a problem with anything else. (tdk, sony, maxel, fugi,

etc.)
also got some Memorex music CDRs but they don't work either in a computer.

Suggestion: Return them to the merchant if you can.

The only Memorex CDRs I will buy are spindles that say "Made in Japan" on
the label. They identify as being made by Taiyo Yuden the same as the CDRs
that Fuji sells under their name. They work great but unfortunately I
haven't seen any for about 2 months. Fortunately I have a bunch left from
when they were on sale locally.

Good luck.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

Old August 2nd 03, 04:20 AM
Wanderer

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:45:34 GMT, "Lane Lewis"
wrote:

Bought 50 of these Memorex Cdrs and one out of ten is good, is this normal
as I never had a problem with anything else. (tdk, sony, maxel, fugi, etc.)
also got some Memorex music CDRs but they don't work either in a computer.

Well, you really can't make a large judgement like that as Memorex
doesn't actually make the discs (like 99% of the discs you see out
there) and have used at least three different CDR manufacturers. Most
common are the crap discs made by CMC or Ritek, but for a while they
were using Taiyo Yuden discs ("Made in Japan" on label and black screw
disc on top) which kick ass like all TY discs.

So in the end you just need to educate yourself on how to
differentiate between the different actual makers of CDRs instead of
making blind statements like this.

Old August 2nd 03, 11:51 AM
Lane Lewis

wrote:

Bought 50 of these Memorex Cdrs and one out of ten is good, is this

normal
as I never had a problem with anything else. (tdk, sony, maxel, fugi,

etc.)
also got some Memorex music CDRs but they don't work either in a

computer.

Well, you really can't make a large judgement like that as Memorex
doesn't actually make the discs (like 99% of the discs you see out
there) and have used at least three different CDR manufacturers. Most
common are the crap discs made by CMC or Ritek, but for a while they
were using Taiyo Yuden discs ("Made in Japan" on label and black screw
disc on top) which kick ass like all TY discs.

So in the end you just need to educate yourself on how to
differentiate between the different actual makers of CDRs instead of
making blind statements like this.

Nonsense, Memorex put their name on the discs and they should insure
quality.

Lane

Old August 3rd 03, 04:19 AM
Music4U2

If the disk don't work in your burner, return them to the retailer. I
use Memorex exclusively. I am using a Sony 52X, 12X & NEC DVD/CDR
combo, no problems. I have used the above with Roxio's 4,5, & 6 and
Nero's 5 & 6, burning over 1000 CD's data & music. I have had no
problems with Memorex media.

JohnC

Wil a Nakamichi MJ-5.16si (SCSI) CD Changer read 700MB CDR's? Woodsy General 0 December 1st 04 07:08 PM
Memorex DVD+R/RW 2.4X - Is it dead or alive ? gdatta Homebuilt PC's 0 April 20th 04 01:03 AM
Memorex Wireless KB and Mouse WARNING craigr General 2 January 31st 04 11:22 PM
Data Cdrs Theo Cdr 9 July 9th 03 12:47 PM
Fuji CDR's on sale at Best Buy? What are they really? A Cdr 1 June 27th 03 11:19 PM