How to burn virtual disk or copy play CD of GTA vicecity?

Old July 18th 03, 12:49 AM
Randy O.

Default How to burn virtual disk or copy play CD of GTA vicecity?

I've tried to backup my CD play disk; so, I can use the backup for play. I
don't want to scratch the original or somehow ruin it. I tried copying disk
2 using Nero and eliminating the MP3s which are installed when the game is
installed; I had no luck. If you know how to do this let me know; I'd
appreciate it. Send me an email.

It ticks me off that I can't make a virtual drive with a program like
Alcohol 120% for Vice City; I did for GTA3 and it was really nice to not
hear the CDROM noise and the game worked smoother. Rockstar should figure a
way a person could install the disks; so, the cdrom does not have to be
used. I'm not a cheat; I'm sure the company could figure a way to do this
and have folks register online.

This is a cross post. I also sent it to the GTA newsgroup, but I sure would
like some suggestions from guys and gals who have more expertise.

My video card a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 will play GTA3 on Win XP, but not
GTA Vice City which really ticks me off. I've got to use a new computer I
built for my elderly father with its Abit NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti 4200 video
card. Maybe I've got screwed up drivers on my computer; the game pictures
will stay still and audio will go awhile --- in plain English -- it won't
work with my Hercules card.

Have fun playing GTA and doing CDR-ing you-all ---*];o))
Randy

Old July 19th 03, 01:54 AM
wheez

The protection used is securom 4.86.68002
..
Refer to the Alcohol 120% manual.
Read the section titled: RMPS guide. The instructions should be
correct for what you are wanting to do.

Hope this helps,
wheez

Old July 22nd 03, 03:41 AM
Cliff

"Randy O." wrote on 19 Jul 2003

Thank you very much wheez. I just assumed the protection of GTA and
GTA VC were the same. Now, I've got to figure out what the heck is
wrong with my video driver mess with my Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 on my
computer. I can play VC on my father's comp with a Abit Gefore4
Ti4200. I try setting up a virtual drive on his comp. Thanks again--
Sincerely - Randy O.
.

wrote:

[...]

Burn the iso to an image file and have Alocohol mount it as a virtual
CD.

--
Cliff