Recording DirectTV Christmas Music to CDR?!?

Old December 19th 03, 05:13 AM
sdl

Default Recording DirectTV Christmas Music to CDR?!?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a somewhat easy way to record the seasonal
music from Dish TV
to CDR. I'd like to listen to the music in my car while commuting to
work.
Once I record the music to VCR what are the next steps please?

Thanks in advance
--

sdl
(lyles at erols dot com)

Old December 19th 03, 07:46 AM
Graham Mayor

A VCR is merely a tape recorder. Connect its audio output to the PC's line
unput and follow the suggestions at
http://www.gmayor.com/copy_vinyl_to_CDR.htm

--

Graham Mayor

Old December 19th 03, 01:46 PM
TommyDale

"sdl" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a somewhat easy way to record the seasonal
music from Dish TV
to CDR. I'd like to listen to the music in my car while commuting to
work.
Once I record the music to VCR what are the next steps please?

Thanks in advance

Take the "line/audio out" from the VCR (or directly from the Dish TV
Receiver) into the "line in" of your PC audio card. Record them with
a wave recorder program such as Nero, and save them as ".wav" files.
Then compile the list of wave files in the CD-Recording software
(example: Nero) and record your CD.
It is quite simple.
Old December 19th 03, 08:54 PM
Neil Maxwell

On 19 Dec 2003 05:46:22 -0800, (TommyDale)
wrote:

Take the "line/audio out" from the VCR (or directly from the Dish TV
Receiver) into the "line in" of your PC audio card. Record them with
a wave recorder program such as Nero, and save them as ".wav" files.
Then compile the list of wave files in the CD-Recording software
(example: Nero) and record your CD.
It is quite simple.

You can also record directly to MP3, then burn from that to save HD
space. If DTV music has gaps between the songs, many recorders will
auto-split them.

I'm fond of Audiograbber (
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/), which
has autosplit, external MP3 encoder links, and a timed recording mode
for recording specials to MP3 while you're away. Free d/l to try it
out, and only $20 to register. Great software from good folks!

Old December 20th 03, 09:24 PM
sdl

Thank you so much Graham, Tommy and Neil.

I am going to make the tapes today and follow the transfer steps you
all have given me asap.
I appreciate you all taking time out to help. Sounds like something I
can handle ok.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Music PC DEf General 5 November 5th 04 01:28 AM
[OT] New cd single: cd player sees music tracks, pc sees only a videofile??? spodosaurus Homebuilt PC's 3 October 19th 04 09:26 PM
Athlon 64 3000+ or P4 3.0C for Audio recording? Guertin Graphics Art Department Homebuilt PC's 5 February 6th 04 11:25 PM
How do I rip from a music CD? Fred Blau Cdr 15 December 11th 03 10:01 PM
Question about Streaming RA and recording JAD Homebuilt PC's 3 December 3rd 03 01:42 PM