Ebuyer Retutns

Old July 22nd 03, 08:40 PM
Vince

Default Ebuyer Retutns

Help I helped a pal order some parts to build a PC from Ebuyer. It got
sent twice. Why is it so difficult to get them to raise a RSM or what
ever they call it. Having spent god knows how long on the phone to get
through to there Customer service!!!!!! All they had to do was take
the order number from me and sort it Oh no thats to simple. Lets send
the poor old punter of to spend an afternoon entering each item
induvidualy. Then they want you to give them a serial number you can
ignore that bit. But it only seems to work if you put a note in for
each item. we have already told them its duplicated and refund is
required. What else can you tell them.
Anyway rant over for a minute. All advice wellcome.
Vince
Old July 23rd 03, 12:12 AM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"Vince" wrote in message
om...
Help I helped a pal order some parts to build a PC from Ebuyer. It got
sent twice.

I'm not sure what your story is, but it appears that ebuyer sent 2 of each
item i.e. the same order twice?

If so, I wouldn't have thought you would need an RMA at all.

;0)

(and I will bet my house that dotcon will weigh in with the urban myth that
items sent to you that you did not order are yours to keep anyway
bwahahahahaha)
g.

Old July 23rd 03, 12:59 AM
tHatDudeUK

"Fat Freddy's Cat" wrote in message

"Vince" wrote in message
om...
Help I helped a pal order some parts to build a PC from Ebuyer. It got
sent twice.

I'm not sure what your story is, but it appears that ebuyer sent 2 of each
item i.e. the same order twice?

If so, I wouldn't have thought you would need an RMA at all.

;0)

(and I will bet my house that dotcon will weigh in with the urban myth

that
items sent to you that you did not order are yours to keep anyway
bwahahahahaha)
g.

I'd say that but it appears as though he's been charged twice from what he's
saying. If he finds the Ebuyer returns service a problem I don't mind paying
the postage to my address :-)

Old July 23rd 03, 01:51 AM
Ian Hastie

In article ,
Fat Freddy's Cat wrote:

"Vince" wrote in message
om...
Help I helped a pal order some parts to build a PC from Ebuyer. It got
sent twice.

I'm not sure what your story is, but it appears that ebuyer sent 2 of each
item i.e. the same order twice?

If so, I wouldn't have thought you would need an RMA at all.

;0)

(and I will bet my house that dotcon will weigh in with the urban myth that
items sent to you that you did not order are yours to keep anyway
bwahahahahaha)

Actually it's not an urban myth. Under older law it was necessary to
notify the sender and ask them to recover the items. I believe the
period was 28 days after which they became yours. Now, under the
popular and oft misquoted DSRs, if items that you did not order are sent
to you then they are yours to keep. However this only applies to
totally unsolicited goods. Since it seems likely this is an error on
someone's behalf I doubt that rule would apply.

--
Ian.

EOM
Old July 23rd 03, 02:17 AM
tHatDudeUK

"Ian Hastie" wrote in message
t...
Now, under the
popular and oft misquoted DSRs, if items that you did not order are sent
to you then they are yours to keep. However this only applies to
totally unsolicited goods.

Ahhhh. Makes me feel happier now. I didn't break the law when Amazon sent me
the same CD twice in error and I gave the other copy to a friend :-)

Old July 23rd 03, 07:04 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
Now, under the
popular and oft misquoted DSRs, if items that you did not order are sent
to you then they are yours to keep. However this only applies to
totally unsolicited goods.

Ahhhh. Makes me feel happier now. I didn't break the law when Amazon sent

me
the same CD twice in error and I gave the other copy to a friend :-)

Oh dear, you've just admitted to breaking the law since they sent you 2 CD's
'in error' by your own admission, that is *not* unsolicited goods!!!

collar felt shortly followed by a custodial sentence no doubt!

;0)

g.

Old July 23rd 03, 07:30 PM
Colin Wilson

...collar felt shortly followed by a custodial sentence no doubt!
How many years will I get ;-)

Depends - was it Boyzone ?