Ebuyer - are they acting legally

Old July 16th 03, 06:03 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"EBuyerdotcon" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:58:55 +0100, "Fat Freddy's Cat"
wrote:

If you don't like what I have to say either **** off back on holiday
Gordon or kill file me, I'm certainly not going to justify myself to
the likes of you.

I could never killfile you. I want the google archive to be balanced, not
just one-sided ********.

As for justification, you aren't going to justify your comments about
seagate drives and ebuyer *because you cant*. Simple really.

g.

Old July 19th 03, 12:44 AM
Chris Melluish

I contacted Ebuyer via their enote system and they replied:-

'With regards to the postage, Ebuyer have never quoted that this charge will
not be refunded. We merely state it is your responsibility to return the
item to us. Once this has been done and the return processed we will refund
you the return postage cost if a receipt is supplied and the item has been
found to be faulty.'

I don't know how to interpret the sentence 'All shipping back to Ebuyer is
paid for by the customer' other than that they would not refund the cost.

I have sent the drive back via their RMA procedure enclosing a receipt for
postage and will see what happens. If they don't refund the postage I will
report the matter to trading standards and see if that has any effect.

--
Chris Melluish

Old July 21st 03, 09:59 AM
essdeekay

In article ,
says...
I contacted Ebuyer via their enote system and they replied:-

'With regards to the postage, Ebuyer have never quoted that this charge will
not be refunded. We merely state it is your responsibility to return the
item to us. Once this has been done and the return processed we will refund
you the return postage cost if a receipt is supplied and the item has been
found to be faulty.'

I don't know how to interpret the sentence 'All shipping back to Ebuyer is
paid for by the customer' other than that they would not refund the cost.

It means that *you* pay the cost to ship it back. Once Ebuyer have
confirmed it's faulty, they'll refund the postage. It just makes people a
little bit more aware about sending back goods claiming them to be faulty
when they're not. Ebuyer shouldn't have to pay the postage on items just
because some people (this isn't aimed at you, btw) can't figure out how
to get their item working properly.

I have sent the drive back via their RMA procedure enclosing a receipt for
postage and will see what happens. If they don't refund the postage I will
report the matter to trading standards and see if that has any effect.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Trading Standards just yet. If you don't
get the refund, just copy and paste the comment they made above, politely
stating they said they'd refund the postage and they haven't done yet,
just as a gentle reminder.

Ebuyerdotcon is making mountains out of molehills as per usual. As he
clearly can't read, take what he says with a pinch of salt.

--
Seb