Belly up

Old February 3rd 05, 01:05 PM
Rudy Kazuti

Default Belly up

Just posted the other day about how my GA 7N400 pro2 ver.2 was running well.
Hooked my digital camera up and the system froze. Had to shut the PSU off,
no cntl,alt del. Now it won't post. Blank screen. Changed the video card,
Tried a different monitor, disconnected everything. Nothing. All fans
running, just a blank screen. Cannot get into the bios at all. Took pictures
off the camera a couple days ago with no problems. Any ideas?

Rudy Kazuti

Old February 3rd 05, 11:15 PM
trmbr

Rudy Kazuti wrote:
Just posted the other day about how my GA 7N400 pro2 ver.2 was
running well. Hooked my digital camera up and the system froze. Had
to shut the PSU off, no cntl,alt del. Now it won't post. Blank
screen. Changed the video card, Tried a different monitor,
disconnected everything. Nothing. All fans running, just a blank
screen. Cannot get into the bios at all. Took pictures off the camera
a couple days ago with no problems. Any ideas?

Rudy Kazuti

Sounds similar to my CPU failure. System would power up, but not even
perform the POST test, just a blank screen. Monitor signal dropped also,
only power to the CR/DVD drives. Ive replaced my CPU and system functioning
again.

Old February 4th 05, 03:36 AM
Rudy Kazuti

It's in the front (2) and connected by four small connectors each. Power, -,
+ and ground. Been working fine since connected with my camera & flash
drive. I've been suspecting the CPU for a while now and I think it finaly
went. Been rebooting and locking up anytime I put some stress on it like
solid modeling and rendering.