Burn on multiple DVD burners at once?

Old January 4th 06, 04:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Burn on multiple DVD burners at once?

Hi,

Is it possible to burn the same project to several DVD burners at the
same time?

I've been looking into buying or building an external DVD/CD
duplicator, but now I'm wondering if it would be possible to do this
internally. Ideally I would have three internal matched DVD burners and
one hard drive installed to the IDE channels in my PC. Then I would
create a project using Nero 6 perhaps, and set the project to burn to
all units at once. Is this at all possible to do? Does anyone have
experience doing this? I know that in Nero you must select the target
burner, but is there some way to assign a goup of burners? Is there
burner software that will allow you to burn to several drives at once?

Thank you,
-- I

Old January 4th 06, 09:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Nero does allow you to burn to multiple dvd burners at the same time.

Been there, done that.

However...

Our intent at work was to equip a PC with dual DVD burners (Plextor 716's)
so that we could burn multiple copies of digital video's at the same time,
rather than burn one, reload, burn the next copy , etc...

PC in question is a homebuilt 2.8Ghz w/2gig ram, 36gig Raptor and 250gig WD,
etc.... Windows 2K, Nero 6

Using Nero 6, we could indeed burn two at once as Nero allows you to use
multiple recorders, but it took twice as long as burning one at a time.

So, we could burn two at once, saving us from having to stop and reload the
drive, but we didn't save any time.

I would stick with a DVD\CD Duplicator.

Old January 5th 06, 12:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

You would have to use "industrial" hardware and software. Consumer
equipment does not cover your need.

--
DaveW

Old January 5th 06, 07:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Thank you DaveW and the rest. I've decided to buy a pre-built 3x unit
rather than build one. Since the duplicator will be used for a
business, I want the comfort of a warrantee even though I'd be spending
~$100 more than if I built my own. And I can point my finger at the
manufacturer if things go wrong.

-- i