Reserved PCI device/vendor IDs

Old May 21st 04, 12:26 PM
Ulrich Eckhardt

Default Reserved PCI device/vendor IDs

[f'up set to a.c.h]

Cheers!

I have a PCI device, and wonder if there are any device/vendor IDs I can use
that are reserved to 'private' uses, i.e. won't conflict with any recent or
future IDs given out.

thanks

Uli

Old May 21st 04, 02:40 PM

In article ,
Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
[f'up set to a.c.h]

Cheers!

I have a PCI device, and wonder if there are any device/vendor IDs I can use
that are reserved to 'private' uses, i.e. won't conflict with any recent or
future IDs given out.

thanks

Uli

I don't recall any such reserved vendor IDs, but you could poke/ask around
at http://www.pcisig.com/.

If you're just building stuff for internal use, you could probably pick
a number and just use it. Just look at your test systems and make sure
you don't use one that will conflict with one of them.

If you're building a product that will ultimately ship, you'll need to
pay for a vendor ID. I get the impression they're not cheap, but then
again, it's all relative. )

Good luck.

Patrick
Patrick Klos Email:
Klos Technologies, Inc. Web:
http://www.klos.com/
==================== What goes around, comes around... =====================
Old May 22nd 04, 03:06 AM
Arno Wagner

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
[f'up set to a.c.h]

Cheers!

I have a PCI device, and wonder if there are any device/vendor IDs I can use
that are reserved to 'private' uses, i.e. won't conflict with any recent or
future IDs given out.

thanks

Uli

Maybe this list of already taken IDs will help:

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/

Arno