[P4P800deluxe] How to know my bios version

Old August 15th 04, 05:42 PM
Patrice Pernet

Default [P4P800deluxe] How to know my bios version

Hi,

I flash my bios today to version 1017 but, in bios information system, I
see:

Version 08.00.09
Build Date: 06/23/04
ID P4P81100

I don't see "1017" as version. Is it normal ?

Other Question:
I use EzFlash to update. My older bios was 1016. The flashing seems ok but
I see in bios detail information: "Please do not use Ezflash for updating
this BIOS unless the pre-loaded BIOS is of version 1014 or 1015". I presume
yes but I would like to be sure if it is ok with 1016.

Sorry for my english
--
Patrice Pernet
Jabber Id: ppernet-at-amessage.fr -- GPG key 0x2E20EBD6
Old August 16th 04, 12:22 AM
Alex N

"Patrice Pernet" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I flash my bios today to version 1017 but, in bios information system, I
see:

Version 08.00.09
Build Date: 06/23/04
ID P4P81100

I don't see "1017" as version. Is it normal ?

The text "1017" is on the Top right hand side of the Initial BIOS post
Screen

Old August 16th 04, 02:03 AM
Alex N

I have the similar P4C800-E Deluxe Board. A bit more info from my findings.

On the very 1st Screen after turning on my computer, (have the Logo thing
turned off), just under the Triangular AMI Logo is:-

AMI BIOS (C) 2003 American Megatrends, Inc.
ASUS P4C800-E ACPI BIOS Revision xxxx

Where xxxx=Bios version number. It should be 1017 if it has flashed
correctly. You have to be quick in looking for it, but once you know where
it is, you'll know where it is in future.

I used AFUDOS to be on the safe side... I presume Bioses LATER than 1014 or
1015 (ie. 1016) would work OK using the Ezflash method.