More ABIT MB problems - No CD/DVD drives

Old April 22nd 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default More ABIT MB problems - No CD/DVD drives

I have upgraded a computer with a ABIT SG-81 Motherboard.

But, I have a problem (among many) that is driving me nuts.

Yet the biggest one is - I can't get Windows 98 to notice the CD and DVD
drives. Even tho it did when first booted up after installing. And the
drives are listed in the BIOS !

And even more strange is that the Hard Drives are listed in My Computer, but
not under system property

The only problem I can find is that in System Property under Hard Disk
Controller there are yellow "!" next to the following:

Primary IDE Controller (dual filo)
Secondary IDE Controller (dual filo)

and nothing next to SIS 5513 DUAL PCI IDE Controller

I have tried to remove this file, but, it keeps coming back with-out any
warning

What can be wrong?

How can I fix it?

Please help

Old April 22nd 06, 09:44 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

" schreef in
bericht ...
I have upgraded a computer with a ABIT SG-81 Motherboard.

But, I have a problem (among many) that is driving me nuts.

Yet the biggest one is - I can't get Windows 98 to notice the CD and DVD
drives. Even tho it did when first booted up after installing. And the
drives are listed in the BIOS !

And even more strange is that the Hard Drives are listed in My Computer,
but
not under system property

The only problem I can find is that in System Property under Hard Disk
Controller there are yellow "!" next to the following:

Primary IDE Controller (dual filo)
Secondary IDE Controller (dual filo)

and nothing next to SIS 5513 DUAL PCI IDE Controller

I have tried to remove this file, but, it keeps coming back with-out any
warning

What can be wrong?

knip
Do you installed the drivers for the CD or DVD-drives?
Yoy have to installed them,and then when everything is okey,they will work
again.
Janus

How can I fix it?

Please help

Old April 23rd 06, 02:06 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

yes, it was the drivers, it seemed that they got erased.

hat to reinstall win 98,but that did it!