Crucial Deliveries

Old June 5th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Conor

Default Crucial Deliveries

In article , Stuart B
says...
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:02:13 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...

Crucial's working days has nought to do with it .It WAS shipped on the
31st ( in fact Crucials computer says it shipped on the day it was
ordered ..the 30th) so ,repeating myself , by first class post it
should have arrived on the following day which was Friday 1st and then
there was Saturday ( RM deliver that day as well) and then there is
today so I am perfectly reasonable by expecting it to be here by
today. The time of todays posting was after the postman had been .
There is only one delivery a day . I get loads of mail and I am well
aware of how long things take to arrive .
Stuart .

**** sake...

If you wanted the thing the next day, you should have ****ing paid for
next day.

And yes, Crucials working day has EVERYTHING to do with it. Business
collections are done by 5pm. Crucial work later than that so although
it may have been packed and sent to "Despatch", it may not have made
the post for that day.

First Class IS NOT GUARANTEED NEXT DAY and hasn't been for quite a
while.

Do you start all your conversations with "**** sake" ?

Only when talking to braindead halfwits.

Where exactly did I say I wanted it next day .

Where you started bitching on about it being 1st class and not turning
up on Friday.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old June 5th 07, 06:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:01:41 +0100, Conor
wrote:

Do you start all your conversations with "**** sake" ?

Only when talking to braindead halfwits.

Of course I am . When did we meet again ?

Where exactly did I say I wanted it next day .

Where you started bitching on about it being 1st class and not turning
up on Friday.

I only said that I expected it next day seeing as it had been sent
First Class not that I wanted it next day . That was based on my
experience over many years of getting FC mail the next day .

And by the way it still hasn't turned up .

Old June 5th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
kony

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:42:22 +0100, Stuart B
wrote:

On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local to me in Glasgow and opted for the "free"
delivery .It shipped on the 31st and today Monday 4th June it still
hasn't arrived . The webpage shows it was sent Special Delivery (?)
I phoned this morning and when I asked if it had been sent First Class
or Second the girl couldn't say .She just kept insisting it was sent
"Packet Post" and didnt seem to know that could be either 1st or 2nd
.( Their website says it is sent First Class)

She insisted that it could take up to 3 (working) days but that is
what the website says

My experience over many years is that First Class mail arrives next
day ..very rarely otherwise .
Anyonee had any recent experiences of orders from Crucial U.K. ?

Stuart

You need to gain a wee bit of PATIENCE.

1) "Shipped" on 31st means nothing, often vendors generate
a shipping order but it doesn't physically leave that day.

2) Just because it's Crucial UK, doesn't necessarily mean
their physical office is where they're keeping their
product. It could be shipping from quite a bit further
away.

3) As others already mentioned, due to the weekend it was
only a couple of business days. If you "needed" it before
now, you should have planned ahead and ordered it before you
did. Free shipping is definitely NOT "I demand it now"
shipping. How about if you insist on next-day shipping, you
order it elsewhere, pay for expedited order handling and pay
for next-day delivery?

4) Do you always freak out when you don't get something the
next day? If so, quit buying products because having others
do extra work trying to track something before there's any
reason to suspect a problem, increases cost for the company
and that is passed on to the rest of us as customers.

5) Take a pill, or two, as many as it takes to knock you
out for a few days then when you wake up it'll probably be
there.

Old June 5th 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

wrote:

[...]

I have been assured it left on the 31st

2) Just because it's Crucial UK, doesn't necessarily mean
their physical office is where they're keeping their
product. It could be shipping from quite a bit further
away.

It is shipped from East Kilbride . about 8 miles from my home ( I know
it has to go to a local MLO)

3) As others already mentioned, due to the weekend it was
only a couple of business days. If you "needed" it before
now, you should have planned ahead and ordered it before you
did. Free shipping is definitely NOT "I demand it now"
shipping. How about if you insist on next-day shipping, you
order it elsewhere, pay for expedited order handling and pay
for next-day delivery?

I know that if I absolutely HAD to have it the next day I could have
got it shipped SD but I havent said anywhere I did have to have it
next day . I was simply saying that as it was coming First Class I
expected it to arrive next day or the day after,my experience being
that FC mail does arrive the next day ( Dunno how many times I need to
say this) . RM does deliver on Saturdays as well you know .

4) Do you always freak out when you don't get something the
next day? If so, quit buying products because having others
do extra work trying to track something before there's any
reason to suspect a problem, increases cost for the company
and that is passed on to the rest of us as customers.

I am not "freaking out" I only telephoned Crucial once to confirm the
shipping date as their tweb page said ( and still says) it was sent SD
when it wasnt paid for and they confirmned it was sent First Class
Packet Post .

5) Take a pill, or two, as many as it takes to knock you
out for a few days then when you wake up it'll probably be
there.

Hopefully it will be tomorrow cos if it isn't it's more likely not to
arrive at all

Old June 6th 07, 08:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
WooHoo2You

"Stuart B" wrote in message
On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local to me in Glasgow and opted for the "free"
delivery .It shipped on the 31st and today Monday 4th June it still
hasn't arrived . The webpage shows it was sent Special Delivery (?)
I phoned this morning and when I asked if it had been sent First Class
or Second the girl couldn't say .She just kept insisting it was sent
"Packet Post" and didnt seem to know that could be either 1st or 2nd
.( Their website says it is sent First Class)

She insisted that it could take up to 3 (working) days but that is
what the website says

My experience over many years is that First Class mail arrives next
day ..very rarely otherwise .
Anyonee had any recent experiences of orders from Crucial U.K. ?

Reading all replies, no one has seem to come up with this theory...MAYBE THE
BLOODY THING WAS MISROUTED OR LOST!?!

--
WooHoo2You

Old June 6th 07, 10:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
kony

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 03:43:48 -0400, "WooHoo2You"
wrote:

Reading all replies, no one has seem to come up with this theory...MAYBE THE
BLOODY THING WAS MISROUTED OR LOST!?!

Sure, "Maybe", but do you jump to that kind of conclusion
before you'd even given them a few business days to deliver
it? OP's post was premature at least.
Old June 6th 07, 01:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 03:43:48 -0400, "WooHoo2You"
wrote:

"Stuart B" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Well it didn't arrive today so that theory is looking increasingly
likely .

Old June 6th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Conor

In article , Stuart B
says...

Well it didn't arrive today so that theory is looking increasingly
likely .

Have you rung them?

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old June 6th 07, 05:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael Cecil

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:42:46 +0100, Conor wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...

Well it didn't arrive today so that theory is looking increasingly
likely .

Have you rung them?

Or checked the tracking to see what happened?
--
Michael Cecil
http://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/
Old June 6th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:42:46 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...

Well it didn't arrive today so that theory is looking increasingly
likely .

Have you rung them?

Not since a few days ago when I wanted to check the method of shipping
as the website contradicted what method I had paid for ..or
rather..had not paid for .

Website says you need to wait 14 business days .Crucials or RM I
don't know ...before they'll do anything .

Stuart .