Crucial Deliveries

Old June 4th 07, 11:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

Default Crucial Deliveries

On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local to me in Glasgow and opted for the "free"
delivery .It shipped on the 31st and today Monday 4th June it still
hasn't arrived . The webpage shows it was sent Special Delivery (?)
I phoned this morning and when I asked if it had been sent First Class
or Second the girl couldn't say .She just kept insisting it was sent
"Packet Post" and didnt seem to know that could be either 1st or 2nd
..( Their website says it is sent First Class)

She insisted that it could take up to 3 (working) days but that is
what the website says

My experience over many years is that First Class mail arrives next
day ..very rarely otherwise .
Anyonee had any recent experiences of orders from Crucial U.K. ?

Stuart
Old June 4th 07, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Stuart B
wrote:

My experience over many years is that First Class mail arrives next
day ..very rarely otherwise .

Packages often take much longer.
I wouldn't worry until an entire week had past, unless you paid
considerably extra for special handling and upgraded postage fees.

One thing you have to *really* watch out for, especially with things
like parcel-post, UPS, FEDEX, or other package deliveries, is NOT
getting it in your mailbox; but finding it on your doorstep or next to
your back door, or similar places where the delivery man just drops the
thing off ... right where *anybody* could pick it up.

Just the other day (for example) the UPS man dropped off a package worth
about $75 US, while the front door was open (screen door closed) and the
wife and I were sitting in the living-room not ten feet from the door.
He didn't bother to ring the doorbell or even say, "Hi!"; just dropping
the box off outside the door. That's NOT supposed to happen, according
to the company; but it does happen all the time.

So, I suggest checking outside all your doors at least twice a day.
You might have already received the item; and not even known it's there.
;-{

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old June 4th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Conor

In article , Stuart B
says...
On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local to me in Glasgow and opted for the "free"
delivery .It shipped on the 31st and today Monday 4th June it still
hasn't arrived . The webpage shows it was sent Special Delivery (?)
I phoned this morning and when I asked if it had been sent First Class
or Second the girl couldn't say .She just kept insisting it was sent
"Packet Post" and didnt seem to know that could be either 1st or 2nd
.( Their website says it is sent First Class)

She insisted that it could take up to 3 (working) days but that is
what the website says

My experience over many years is that First Class mail arrives next
day ..very rarely otherwise .
Anyonee had any recent experiences of orders from Crucial U.K. ?

**** sake....

ITS ONLY BEEN TWO WORKING DAYS SINCE THE 31ST.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old June 4th 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:40:47 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...
On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local to me in Glasgow and opted for the "free"
delivery .It shipped on the 31st and today Monday 4th June it still
hasn't arrived . The webpage shows it was sent Special Delivery (?)
I phoned this morning and when I asked if it had been sent First Class
or Second the girl couldn't say .She just kept insisting it was sent
"Packet Post" and didnt seem to know that could be either 1st or 2nd
.( Their website says it is sent First Class)

She insisted that it could take up to 3 (working) days but that is
what the website says

My experience over many years is that First Class mail arrives next
day ..very rarely otherwise .
Anyonee had any recent experiences of orders from Crucial U.K. ?

**** sake....

ITS ONLY BEEN TWO WORKING DAYS SINCE THE 31ST.

Yes. I can count and I am not deaf .

First Class mail almost without exception arrives the next day ( or
did you miss that part above ) which would have been Friday ,then
there is Saturday and now there is today Monday . So if you are
counting Royal Mail working days t( days with a delivery) then it is
three.

Stuart
Old June 4th 07, 05:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
DevilsPGD[_2_]

In message Stuart B
wrote:

On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local to me in Glasgow and opted for the "free"
delivery .It shipped on the 31st and today Monday 4th June it still
hasn't arrived . The webpage shows it was sent Special Delivery (?)
I phoned this morning and when I asked if it had been sent First Class
or Second the girl couldn't say .She just kept insisting it was sent
"Packet Post" and didnt seem to know that could be either 1st or 2nd
.( Their website says it is sent First Class)

She insisted that it could take up to 3 (working) days but that is
what the website says

Maybe you should listen?

Assume it shipped after close-of-business on the 31st, the first working
day was the 1st. You're complaining before noon on the second day for
something shipped post. Don't.

--
If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?
Old June 4th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:30:01 -0600, DevilsPGD
wrote:

In message Stuart B
wrote:

On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local to me in Glasgow and opted for the "free"
delivery .It shipped on the 31st and today Monday 4th June it still
hasn't arrived . The webpage shows it was sent Special Delivery (?)
I phoned this morning and when I asked if it had been sent First Class
or Second the girl couldn't say .She just kept insisting it was sent
"Packet Post" and didnt seem to know that could be either 1st or 2nd
.( Their website says it is sent First Class)

She insisted that it could take up to 3 (working) days but that is
what the website says

Maybe you should listen?

Assume it shipped after close-of-business on the 31st, the first working
day was the 1st. You're complaining before noon on the second day for
something shipped post. Don't.

Crucial's working days has nought to do with it .It WAS shipped on the
31st ( in fact Crucials computer says it shipped on the day it was
ordered ..the 30th) so ,repeating myself , by first class post it
should have arrived on the following day which was Friday 1st and then
there was Saturday ( RM deliver that day as well) and then there is
today so I am perfectly reasonable by expecting it to be here by
today. The time of todays posting was after the postman had been .
There is only one delivery a day . I get loads of mail and I am well
aware of how long things take to arrive .
Stuart .
Old June 4th 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Conor

In article , Stuart B
says...
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:40:47 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...
[...]

It comes SD. Saturdays don't count.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old June 4th 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Conor

In article , Stuart B
says...

Crucial's working days has nought to do with it .It WAS shipped on the
31st ( in fact Crucials computer says it shipped on the day it was
ordered ..the 30th) so ,repeating myself , by first class post it
should have arrived on the following day which was Friday 1st and then
there was Saturday ( RM deliver that day as well) and then there is
today so I am perfectly reasonable by expecting it to be here by
today. The time of todays posting was after the postman had been .
There is only one delivery a day . I get loads of mail and I am well
aware of how long things take to arrive .
Stuart .

**** sake...

If you wanted the thing the next day, you should have ****ing paid for
next day.

And yes, Crucials working day has EVERYTHING to do with it. Business
collections are done by 5pm. Crucial work later than that so although
it may have been packed and sent to "Despatch", it may not have made
the post for that day.

First Class IS NOT GUARANTEED NEXT DAY and hasn't been for quite a
while.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old June 5th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:59:23 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:40:47 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...
[...]

It was sent First Class tho ' ...and SD IS delivered on Saturdays .
altho' it's not guaranteed for that day .
Old June 5th 07, 12:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Stuart B

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:02:13 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Stuart B
says...

[...]

Do you start all your conversations with "**** sake" ?

Where exactly did I say I wanted it next day . All I was saying that
First Class mail ,in my experience,arrives next day ..and I do know it
is not guaranteed next day .Anyone knows that .

As for when it was shipped it might have slipped your attention as you
were so busy preparing to write " ****s sake" that they have it logged
as being sent for shipping on the 30th .
Anyway when it does eventually arrive I'll check the date stamp
AND
To rub salt in the wounds I get an e-mail tonight which says .

"
Give Crucial Technology Europe Your Feedback
on Your Recent Purchase & Enter to Win £25 Today!
Dear

We hope you are enjoying the item(s) you purchased at Crucial
Technology Europe
on 30/05/2007. Now that you've had
a few days with the product(s) you purchased, we'd like to hear
what you think about it! "