Packard Bell websites/support/models?

Old June 25th 04, 10:37 PM
Aaron Zarlos

Default Packard Bell websites/support/models?

Hello

I hope someone can help. I am in New Zealand and one of our stores sell a
range of Packard Bell I-Media PC's, however I cannot find these *recent*
models on any PB website, and their websites I have looked at seem to have
not been updated in a few years. Sites looked at are both the NZ and
Australian sites:

NZ: http://www.packardbell.co.nz/start.asp?CID=9
Aust: http://www.packardbell.com.au/start.asp?CID=1

Currently I own an IBM computer and I found their website had good support,
and was easy to download updated drivers when the need came about. How would
you update PB drivers easily? I tried via the PB site, but that took me to a
European site and couldn't find anything on these models at all. Any advice,
reply to group or to me by email.

The store where you can see these models is:
(if links don't wrap correctly, please copy/paste into your browser)

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...yDisplay?store
Id=10001&catalogId=10001&categoryId=10175&crumb=10 005-10175&pageNo=1&orderBy
=3&orderAscending=true

Make sure "sort list by..." is set to "Brand: A to Z", then you'll need to
go to Page 5 to see Packard Bell. The models I am referring to a

Imedia M850
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...Display?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40209&crumb=1000 5-10175

Imedia M851
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...Display?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40213&crumb=1000 5-10175

Imedia M852
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...Display?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40217&crumb=1000 5-10175

Imedia M858
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...Display?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40609&crumb=1000 5-10175

I am also sending this to the "contact" address referred to on the NZ
Packard Bell website incase they can also reply.

Thanks to all,
Aaron.

Old June 25th 04, 10:47 PM
Aaron Zarlos

I have checked the links to the NoelLeeming websites, and they don't seem to
work properly. Best to go the the following site, then in the search box
just type packard bell:

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/

Old June 25th 04, 10:56 PM
Elector

"Aaron Zarlos" wrote in message
I have checked the links to the NoelLeeming websites, and they don't

seem to
work properly. Best to go the the following site, then in the search

box
just type packard bell:

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/

"Aaron Zarlos" wrote in message
Hello

I hope someone can help. I am in New Zealand and one of our stores

sell a
range of Packard Bell I-Media PC's, however I cannot find these

*recent*
models on any PB website, and their websites I have looked at seem

to have
not been updated in a few years. Sites looked at are both the NZ

and
Australian sites:

go to http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
why make a mountain out of a molehill.

Elector

Old June 25th 04, 11:56 PM
Aaron Zarlos

"Elector" wrote in message

go to http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
why make a mountain out of a molehill.

The models I am referring to are NOT on the UK site either. I have been
there before. Maybe the PC's have a program installed that searches for
updated drivers, etc?

Old June 26th 04, 12:10 PM
Elector

"Elector" wrote in message

go to http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
why make a mountain out of a molehill.

The models I am referring to are NOT on the UK site either. I have

been
there before. Maybe the PC's have a program installed that searches

for
updated drivers, etc?

You know I think you got something there. Maybe Ben or Metronid or
some other kind soul can remember that program that PB used on their
systems which did exactly that. Man you bring back memories :-)

Elector

Old June 26th 04, 01:42 PM
Louie T Lizard

Elector,

I seem to remember an electronic version of System Credentials that would do
that. I have it on CD *somewhere*, soon as I find it, I 'll post it on my
site.
--
Be seeing you,

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA
SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs

eat the flies to email

.. .

"Elector" wrote in message

go to
http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
why make a mountain out of a molehill.

The models I am referring to are NOT on the UK site either. I have

been
there before. Maybe the PC's have a program installed that searches

for
updated drivers, etc?

You know I think you got something there. Maybe Ben or Metronid or
some other kind soul can remember that program that PB used on their
systems which did exactly that. Man you bring back memories :-)

Elector

---

Old June 26th 04, 01:51 PM
Louie T Lizard

Found it at Ray's Packard Bell site:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...btools.html#sc

The file is called Syscred.exe. About the middle of the page.
--
Be seeing you,

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA
SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs

eat the flies to email

"Louie T Lizard" wrote in message
Elector,

I seem to remember an electronic version of System Credentials that would

do
that. I have it on CD *somewhere*, soon as I find it, I 'll post it on my
site.
--
Be seeing you,

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA
SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs

eat the flies to email

.. .

Old June 26th 04, 06:15 PM
Elector

"Louie T Lizard" wrote in message
Elector,

I seem to remember an electronic version of System Credentials that

would do
that. I have it on CD *somewhere*, soon as I find it, I 'll post it

on my
site.
--
Be seeing you,

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA
SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs

eat the flies to email

Hi Louie:

I think the original poster was referring to the Automatic Update
feature that some systems had as an icon on the desktop. Similar to
the system credentials information. It had the purpose of clicking it
and the software and or hardware was updated or restored via these
means. Sort of like the new IBM notebooks have that crash recovery
button.

Elector

Old June 26th 04, 08:21 PM
Aaron Zarlos

"Elector" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Actually I saw something on one yesterday called "PB Info Center" - whether
that is it I don't know.

Old June 27th 04, 02:06 PM
Elector

"Aaron Zarlos" wrote in message
snip

Actually I saw something on one yesterday called "PB Info Center" -

whether
that is it I don't know.

I think that tells you what is on your system and your system
information like that electronic credentials. It may even be that icon
I was thinking of that click it and it updates the system.

Elector