AIW Radeon avi capture problem

Old December 20th 03, 10:16 PM
Pierre

Default AIW Radeon avi capture problem

Hi folks.

I have a AIW Radeon 7200. It was working fine until, for some reason, I
had to reinstall XP (repair/upgrade - totally useless, that was not the
problem!!#!"@@ - bad cd drive). But, Windows flushed my ATI drivers at the
reinstall.

Since then, when I try to capture uncompressed AVI, (640X480) after 5
seconds, I have 50% frames dropped. If I try to capture at 1/4VGA, the
interlacing artifact I get is simply puking. Capturing in ATIVCR mode seems
okay.

I grab in AVI because I want the best quality prior to make the final
editing and putting it on a DVD.

I uninstalled / deleted everything.(display driver, MMC, etc)
Even flushed all link to ATI in the registery
I tried every install order imaginable
I tried rebooting between each step, or waiting for everything to be
installed before rebooting (recommended by ATI I think)

When I run PC CHECK, I get "bad video display driver - not version 7.85 or
over. In details, it states that it is not a Radeon Class chip... What I
don't get is that in the display properties, it states that the driver is
version 6.14, although I install the latest XP drivers (ver 7.9).
When I get the info through the remove/install software from the control
pannel, it states it's version 7.9
PC Check also says for TV: ATI Rage Theater Video Capture (unsupported).

I went back to my previous version (7.85 I think) with the same problem.

It looks like I'm missing some kind of accelerator.

AMD Duron 1.2
261MB Ram
100 GB Hard drive
Win XP Home Edition
Direct X 9
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7200

I've been working on it for about 8 hours! Any idea is welcome.

Regards,

Pierre
Canada.

---