i-Techcom.co.uk?

Old March 23rd 05, 02:20 PM
Dan

"Chris" wrote in message ...
Has anyone else ordered from these guys? I ordered some software from them
last Wednesday. However, I'd not filled in the CVV #, so the order was
cancelled. Early on Thursday evening I emailled them the number, and was
told the order would be progressed, and I should have it within 3 days. Now,
1 week on, I have received nothing, and am starting to get worried.

I've been emailling them every day without any response (except for the
first email in which I sent the CVV number), and the LiveSupport is forever
offline. Calling them is next on the cards I reckon. Any thoughts?

Oh dear. I ordered my copy of WoW from them on 2nd March, payment was
taken on the 4th and I still havent got it. I found this thread by
googling for i-techcom to see if anyone else had reported anything
funny going on with them. I managed to get through to them on the
phone on about the 12th and asked them what was up; the guy said there
were warehouse problems and theyd get it out to me, I also queried the
debit being to "the corner shop" and he told me that it was the old
name of the business. I got through again a few days ago, and a woman
told me they had to test all the copies due to some of them being
damaged. This aroused my supicions somewhat, as it seems like a
pretty ****poor excuse. I cant get through to them on the phone
anymore, as its either engaged or noone answers it. Either the company
is wonky, or they are just trying to stall us with terrible excuses
until they have the game in stock with the next rollout
Old March 23rd 05, 02:30 PM

JamesO wrote:
Found more information on the company

http://www.adtraderkent.co.uk/itech/

I guess this is them, pre-'i-techcom'

Plus, i've just found the owning company's website (i-tech systems)
with *gasp* a different phone number!

http://www.i-techsys.co.uk/

This looks scammier and scammier every second

Old March 23rd 05, 02:45 PM

well. I got through on 01634408840, which is one fo the number listed
on one fo the many websites, taking the guy slightly by suprise when I
started telling him about this topic and my problems with theuir
company. He said they had system problems with their database and
couldnt get my order details up. I had a go at the guy over the points
people have raised here, and he managed a load of quite lame excuses.
Essentially, he kept telling me that they have the product in stock and
just have a warehouse backlog. AS my order number is in the low 200s,
they can seem to only manage to post 10 orders per day. I suspect they
need to give their monkeys more bananas....

He said he'd call me back when their system works, but Im not holding
my breath. I think they are getting about 2 more days and then I shall
be getting my credit card company on their back also.

Old March 23rd 05, 04:11 PM
JamesO

Well, would you believe i've just spoken to them, well i spoke to
their holding company; i-tech solutions, who are trading at the same
address. I made them aware of this thread and that people are starting
to get scared and i suggested that they mail everyone who's ordered
this game to contact them again and ease people's mind that it's not a
con.

He offered to either cancel my order or i can wait, like a fool i said
i would wait.

They said up until a week ago, the orders were going through by hand
being billed to 'the corner shop', now everything that goes through
will be billed to 'i-tech'. Also they're in the process of creating a
queuing system for the phone lines.

His main reason for me (and all of you) not receiving the game is he
knows they're having problems in the warehouse due to a massive
backlog.

Not a very good excuse i know, but at least we've heard from them now
and i'm sure that will put a lot of people's mind at ease!
Old March 23rd 05, 05:56 PM
Chris

Funny, when I asked them on the 10th "Can you confirm your stocks of the
"World of Warcraft" item, and if you are currently experiencing any delays
in shipping?" I got the reply: "No, We have plenty of them. Should be with
you within 3 days". Either they knew then and they lied to me, or they're
lying now. Either way, not very professional.

om...

Old March 23rd 05, 06:30 PM
Gavin Carey

Hi Folks,

Well, ordered (WoW again, we're all so desperate...) on 21st, not
confidently as I'm sure they werent listed on Kelkoo a couple of days
earlier. So, post-ordering I made a few investigations, turning up
pretty much the same info in this chain, and eventually turning up
this news chain itself.

As seems common, no response to e-mails (even my first e-mail which
was simply notifying them of an error on their website!), no answer
when telephoning.

The "Corner Shop" charging your card part worried me somewhat, and
i've decided i'm not comfortable with someone/some company i no longer
trust holding my card details, so a quick trip to my bank this morning
and they've cancelled my card, another is on the way (not a huge
issue, i have others to use in the mean time). If/when this chap ever
gets around to charging my card, he'll be out of luck.

The bank did say I didn't have to do this, that any fraudulent monies
could be reclaimed against visa, but it's not an instant process, and
given the sums which _could_ be charged to the account in that time, i
thought "better safe than sorry".

I get the feeling that, like someone else said, it was a case of
"advertise stocks of the game, get lots of orders in, charge cards,
but not send out till new stocks arrived on the 8th" and make a quick
buck. very dishonest. Probably using the local shop machine (where
he/she works?) to charge cards, until he/she got caught?

The decision now is, do i even bother notifying "i-tech" that i've
cancelled my card?...

I may be in Kent over the long weekend, in which case I may try a
fly-by of Rochester to take a gander at the advertised address, and/or
the address to which the website is registerred, although i'm not sure
the latter is actually a valid address, I think the Medway City
Estates have numerous "Unit 2"'s in various locations, each with a
name.

Gav.
Old March 24th 05, 10:52 AM
Funkysi

I've come across this thread after waiting for an order for a graphics
card cooler since 26th Feb, so it's not just limited to games. My
order number is just below 100, so this has been going on for a while.
I was told the order was dispatched on 3rd March, it never turned up,
I managed to get through a couple of times and was told it was being
dispatched that day, it never turned up.

I then got through and spoke to someone who was referred to as the
"manager". He told me that it was in stock and the original order must
have been lost by the couriers. He said a new one was being dispatched
that day and it would be with me by Wednesday 16th at the latest.
Guess what...... nothing turned up. I've mailed them and told them
that either the item turns up in the next two days, or I would be
informing the Police and Trading Standards. I then got the delays
e-mail that has been mentioned. I don't think it's a case of stalling
until they have it in stock, I don't think there's anything there in
the first place. They are quick enough to take the money, which makes
me think this is an just one big scam. The phone now just rings and
rings or is engaged.

I mailed them on Monday to tell them they either cancel my order and
give me a full refund, and confirm this to me, or I call the Police.
They haven't responded so I've passed their details on to the boys in
blue.

As a follow up, I tried ringing the other number mentioned in these
posts this morning, and got a message saying the company was closed
and is open from 9am Mon-Fri. It was 9:45, so I'm guessing they're
closed for good.

I am now feeling this is a complete fraud. I don't care how busy they
suggest they are, if they're too busy to post the goods, they're too
busy to take the money..... and they seem quick enough to do this.
I'll let you know what I hear back from the Police, but my advice is
to steer clear and cancel your orders if you can. Maybe we should all
approach the Police as a collective as they may take notice.
Old March 24th 05, 02:06 PM
JamesO

well, for some magical mystical reason i've just got an email from
them saying my order has been cancelled!

I never asked for it to be cancelled but i guess this is a blessing in
disguise as i don't have to deal with such a ****-poor bunch of
amateurs any more.

Serves me right for being impatient i guess, i'll just pre-order it
from gameplay for the 8th, at least i know i'll get it as and when
they tell me...